How can a understanding of nationalism help us understand today?

Hello welcome to my blog, it’s me Randy again. Today I’m going to reflect on my last project of this quarter. In this project we studied nationalism around the world, and we were asked to make five different videos to answer the driving question. The driving question of this project was “how can an understanding of nationalism help us understand today?”
“throughout history many events were caused by nationalism, and many of those events still effect us today. so by understanding what nationalism is will help you to understand what happened in the past and the reasons why we think those events were worth remembering or celebrating today.”l came up with this answer after studying nationalism for four weeks. Within these four weeks we had ten milestones, and countless stepping stones, and most of them were about filming or planning the films.
In the first week we studied the nationalisms around the world, but first we needed to know what nationalism was. Nationalism is the pride and loyalty that citizens have for their country or a nation. After knowing the definition of nationalism we studied some simple cases that were caused by nationalism. In milestone one we were asked to make an interview video of our parents and see what they know about nationalism, so I chose my mom as my interviewee and asked her a few questions.

In milestone one we were mainly being assessed on our editing
skills and the questions that we asked our interviewees. I met all the baseline expectations on the Empowered Leaner and the designing text competencies, so I got a ☀️ for being accomplished. In the textbook there were many cases of nationalism, and after reading them, we all had our own notes on each event. For milestone two we were asked to choose one of those events and make it into an animatic video.

The animatic video:

In the milestone two we were being assessed on our story tab which was the planning stage, there were three competencies that we were being assessed on, use of evidence from various sources, identify continuity and change, and empowered learner. I met most of the baseline expectations, like planning out my story and citing my sources, but I didn’t do well on identifying the continuities and changes so I got a ☀️ and a 🌤. For milestone three we were being assessed on the same three competencies, but I took too long on the animation so I didn’t finish. In my animatic the animations was really good, especially the war scene, but I didn’t have time to get to the ending and explain the continuities and changes, so I got a 🌤, ☁️, and a ☀️. The teacher told me that there would be more opportunities to improve my grades on those three competencies later on, so I didn’t have to revise it. But anyways, after making this animatic video I found out that I was really bad at time management so I needed to make improvements on that.

weekly reflection:

Through milestone four to six we were asked to make a tutorial video about British North America, which was mainly about the confederation of canada. In this video were being assessed on four competencies, design text, identity continuity and change, empowered leaner, and the use of evidence and resources. In the planning stage we went through the story tab, the screenplay, and the storyboard. In the story tab I got all my sources in MLA citations but my story line was a bit messy. The story of mine was pretty decent, I planned to have a tutorial video of how to make canada(how canada was born) represented by metaphors of me baking a chiffon cake. The video was very creative and I met all the baseline expectations including the answer to the essential question “how did nationalism change BNA in the 1800s”, I’m pretty proud of it and I really recommend you to check it out. In the second week I showed a lot of improvements on time managing, but I wasn’t happy with my film planner, so I settled a goal of being more organized in the future.

my tutorial video:

Weekly reflection:

In the third week we were asked to make an explainer video of oppression in canada, and I chose to explain the story of Louise Riel. We read the textbook pages and made some notes on him, we were mainly being assessed on answering the essential question “What ethical judgements were made to justify oppression in Canada?”, citing the sources, and our editing skills. On Thursday we were giving each other feedbacks on our rough cuts, but the teacher didn’t want the time line to be too tight so we didn’t make our final video. My grade didn’t change because my rough cut didn’t show improvement on the previous competencies, but I did a good job on organizing my film planner that week.

Weekl reflection:

On the weekend and the fourth week of this project, we were asked to make our two last videos, one of them was the cumulative video which was about answering the driving questions “how can an understanding of nationalism help us understand today, and show it with a few examples. We were also asked to identify the continuities and changes that happened because of nationalism.

For the last video milestone ten, we were asked to make a reaction video of our interviewees reacting to our cumulative video. We were mainly being assessed on our editing skills. My mom didn’t really give me any reactions when she was watching my video which was a bit disappointing to me.

But anyways, after four weeks of hard work we finally completed ten milestones and countless stepping stones, the work we did were really incredible. My editing and time management skills improved a lot after making so many videos within that short amount of time, and I learned a lot form the textbook pages and the activities that we did in class together. After all it was a great time for me, and I really enjoyed the class working sessions that we had together.

Rise of the Frankenstuffies

Hello, it’s me Randy again. Today I’m going to reflect on the project that I just finished, it’s called the “Rise of Frankenstuffies”. The driving question for this project is “how do revolutions transform the world?” And we had to answer the question by making a short film of our Frankenstuffies. We studied the Industrial Revolution, and each came up with an answer to how it changed the world. My answer to the driving question was “revolutions transform the world by changing people’s life styles,” I learned this by studying the Industrial Revolution.
In the launch phase I sew my Frankenstuffie and created a resume for my character. I brought “the shaw guy” to school, and used it as a head for my Frankenstuffie.

I got the body and the tail from my other classmates – Annie and Erin. I documented the process of my sewing and it was pretty entertaining to watch.

Here is my beautiful creation(Billy Chungus):
I made a resume of my character that explained his personality, job, friends, etc. I didn’t try to relate him to the Industrial Revolution so later on I made a lot of changes. Moving on to building knowledge now. We learned what Industrial Revolution was, and how to write a short fiction. I added the key points to my historical notes, and made a note of “how to write a short story.”

A week into the project we were already writing our short fiction. First I thought of some creative idea of my characters, then I tried to use a creative connection between my character and the Industrial Revolution. Here is a brief summary of my story: in 2130 shaw took over the world, the robots are the rulers and the humans are the peasants. A group of humans called “Fido” decided to attack the shaw military base, and our main character – Billy Chungus time traveled. He time traveled because he wanted to kill Fido’s future leader, but unfortunately the time machine milt functioned and brought him back to a wrong time. It was 1760 and people had no technology, Billy Chungus built a steam engine to recharge the time machine and time traveled again. He left the steam engine behind and a man called Thomas Savery found his creation. The man claimed that he invented it, he mass produced it, and it was commonly used in factories. This led to a industrial revolution.

On the develop and critique phase we gave each other comments of improvements and compliments. We then started working on the film, first we planned. The story was quite long so I had to shorten it a little. And here is the story mountain:
Once upon a time there was a crazy scientist who traveled back in time to work on his new robot. He traveled to 1760 because the air quality is so poor in the future. Every day he would work on his robot. And one day when he was cooking a hot dog, a sound came from the laboratory. He went to go check and it turns out to be Billy Chungus milt functioning. He wanted to have a closer look, but Billy detected danger so the crazy scientist got killed. Billy wanted to make clones of himself but he didn’t seem to have enough materials. So he used all his money to buy mechanic parts and made a steam engine, he sold the machine to a man called Thomas Savery, and went back to the laboratory with all the money and parts. The man then mass produced the steam engine and it was commonly used in factories, which led to a Industrial Revolution.

Then I made the story into a story board and started filming. It took three days to edit, film and do the animation. Here is my final product (Billy Chungus the legend):

Reflection: I learned the most when we were studying the textbook pages of the Industrial Revolution. I really learned a lot from the trade in China, and the trade in Japan. It taught me that Japan industrialized quickly after the invasion of the Americans, and that’s how they got much more powerful than China. After all, I have made a great video but there are still some improvements to make. For example, I could’ve added more animation into the time travel part, when I was narrating I could’ve used a voice changer to make me sound like a different person. Billy Chungus and the crazy scientist all had the same voice, which might sound confusing for my audiences. If I had another chance to make a second draft of this then I would definitely try to manage my time better, and try to add more details to the story.

How does revolutions transform societies?

Revolutions transform societies by reforming it’s political structure and fundamentally changing people’s lifestyles, this is my answer to the driving question of this project. In this project we learned about revolutions, we studied crane Brinton’s theory on revolutions and had to build three different Rube Goldberg machines to represent his theory, the French Revolution, and the American Revolution by using metaphors.

On the first couple days we launched the project, studied crane Briton’s theory on revolutions, and started working on our first machine. There were four people in my group, logan, me, Nathan, and Indira. First We made a story mountain. We planned to have a plain marble representing the society, and the old regime, where everything is working and government in power, represented by dominoes falling in a straight line, then the government falling and the financial crisis, represented by a pulley with money on the top quickly falling down. For the climax, we had the radical regime represented by a bunch of red marbles(radical)rolling into dominoes(buildings). Lastly we had recovery stage represented by a bumpy road. after it was approved we then started working on the storyboard. The next day we would bring materials that we planned yesterday and start building. Me and logan were the builders, Indira was the painter, and Nathan would work on the script while us three working on the machine. After our machine was done building, me and Logan would then start filming and editing. This was basically a cycle for all four of our products, and it worked really well in a grouped project. 

Here is a video that the teacher showed us:

We studied the American Revolution after crane Brinton’s theory and it was awesome. We then made another Rube Goldberg machine represented the American Revolution by using metaphors. We planned to have dominoes labeled Quebec act, supplies seized, Ohio ban, and the annoyed American people represented by a red finger for the incubation phase. For the rising action we had king started taxing people represented by rising side of the pulley that says taxes and the down side of the pulley that has a smiling face on it. For climax we had people stoped paying taxes and the king sent the redcoat over to fight, but lost, represented by an American marble and a British marble rolling down a funnel but the British marble gets stuck in the funnel meaning they’ve lost. For falling action we had the winning Americans creating their own country, represented by the American marble rolling into one side of the pulley and the flag rises. As alway we used the “learning cycle” for this machine, then we filmed a video. 

We studied the historical significance of the revolutions in this project, and to know if something is historical significance, you will need to check each of these boxes below

• what and who should be remembered, researched, and taught.
  • Was the event recognized as being important as it was happening.
  • How widespread and lasting were the consequences after the event.
  • Has the event become symbolic or representative of key historical issues or trends.

American Revolution was a great example to show the historical significance, because it had a lot of important events in the history, such as the Boston tea party, the first shot heard around the world, etc. A lot of events happened during the American Revolution were recognized as important events and still does. The American Revolution was symbolic, because they had defeated the Great Britain, and formed their own country. It was super widespread, it even spread to France and caused the French Revolution to happen.

The American revolution is one of the most significant event in history, and it all started off with tax raise from the Great Britain. During the seven years war(1756-1763), British government spent almost £75 million, and when the war was over they were broke. They claimed that they protect their colonies from the franchise, so it was time for them to pay back. Obviously the Americans weren’t stupid so they grouped together all 13 colonies and thought of a plan. They first asked the king to stop, but it didn’t work. Then the minutemen prepared for the beginning of the American revolutionary war.(the minutemen were led by George  Washington) In the war the British army and the minutemen were facing against each other, and someone shot first. “The shot heard around the world” marked the beginning of the American war of independence. After a long time of fighting, George Washington had his first victory of the war. Thomas Jefferson was selected to write up an official Declaration of Independence, like all men are created equal. Although Jefferson had over a hundred of slaves, but we don’t need to talk about that. On the second of July the United States was born! Everyone were happy other then the British. The British didn’t just give up just yet, they continued attacking until they ran out of money, eventually they surrendered, left the American soil, and recognized US independence. On the other hand the American payed the debt that was owned to Britain, and gave fair treatment to those colonists who still remained loyal to the king. At the end George Washington was selected as the first president in United States. The American revolution is a symbolic event of independency, and we should all remember those who fought for freedom.

We studied the French Revolution, and then we used our “learning cycle” to build our machine. We came up with a few metaphors to represent the French Revolution, we first had dominoes labeled clergy, nobility, and bourgeoisie, representing the great divide. Then the dominoes would knock the marble into the crown, which is one side of the pulley. The crown would fall into a box that says debts, and the other side of the pulley that says tax would rise. When the crown hit the box the marbles on that foundation would roll and know down the king and pawns, representing the radical regime. The radicals will keep rolling until it hits the box, a bunch of heads (including Maximilien) would roll out, and go into a one side of the pulley that says death. It represents the falling of the radicals and lead to the recovery stage. The marbles will go into one side of the pulley and nationalism rises on the other side.

We also studied the causes and consequences of the revolutions and here is a paragraph that I wrote:

Revolutions could be caused by people that are unhappy with their life situations, which is either economically, politically, or socially. The French Revolution was a great example of causes and consequences, because they were very significant. The revolution was caused by many things, and one of the causes was a economic crisis. King Louis the 16th was in charge at that time, and he barely had the wisdom to rule a nation! He not just couldn’t make any good decisions but he was also easily manipulated by those around him. After the seven years war, France was already in debt, but king Louis the 16th still donated so much money to the Americans, sadly the Americans didn’t pay back and France was kind of screwed. The french men didn’t just come back with nothing though, they also brought back the idea of revolution. The king only raised the tax for the poor, the nobility and the clergy barely had to pay any taxes at all, and the people really hated how inconsistent the taxation rules were across the nation. Another event that caused the revolution to happen was the natural disaster, which led to a bad harvest. People were starving so badly and the king did not give them any food, so they started rioting. The consequences here were the destruction of the feudal document, and social destabilizing. The main cause of French Revolution was actually the enlightenment of the new idea spreads, France sent many troops to America during their revolution, and the french soldiers brought back the revolutionary idea. The consequences here were the moderate taking control and reforming their new government. In the early stage, if the king did do a good job and people(98% of the franchise)weren’t living harshly, then they wouldn’t WANT a revolution even if they knew this idea. The great divide also caused the revolution to happen because when people are treated differently, unfairly, or unequally, they would always seek a way to make things equal, which in this case, a revolution. The consequences here were the civil unrest, and the rise of republic of France. Of course none of that could’ve happened if they didn’t know what freedom or a revolution was, and when all of that comes together, a new government was formed.

we then finished off our project with a video that answers our driving question: how do revolutions transform societies. And our answer was: revolutions transform societies by reforming it’s political structure and fundamentally changing people’s lifestyles. We used PuppetPals2, and some clips from the previous videos, to explain how our made up character’s life had changed during a revolution.

In this project I learned the most in “the causes and consequences of a revolution” section because knowing what could cause a revolution is really important and interesting to know, and I really enjoy the time when my group were working hard together and towards one sharing goal.

Run!

Hello world it’s me randy again, after a such long time of resting and break I’m finally back blogging my projects again. Today I’m going to reflect on my first maker project of the year called « running a remake ». This project was mainly about filming and editing, and the final product was a recreation of a YouTube video. Now lets dig in deeper into the process.
The driving question was: How might we learn video skills by recreating a short film.
In this project I was assigned into a group with five people: Nate, Annie Jordan and Jakub. We had four boys and one girl but the final product still turned out really well, which was quite surprising. On the first day we were doing milestone one which was shooting a video of introducing myself, we did this because there were two new students in PLP and the teachers want us to get used to be on cams. On the second day we started working the project.
We started off the whole project with launching the basic knowledge of what we were doing. As a group we asked some useful questions, such as ‘‘is Santa real?’’ ‘‘When can we start filming, and what kind of cameras are we supposed to use…etc’’. The teacher show us a short film, and asked us to recreate the film with exact angles, timing, audio, scenes and costume. Here is the video(run).

The next day we went outside and filmed our first draft. We had the costumes and the storyboard ready, the lighting was just perfect that day and we spent about three hours to film the whole video scene by scene. Afterwards me, Nate and Annie went outside again to record the audio. That afternoon we roughly finished the first draft and presented it to the class. Here is the copy:

We knew that it was not perfect but at least it was better some other group’s. After school we discussed how to improve on the first draft. For example: make a better costume, let the actor be more realistic, audio changes, etc. The very next day we went outside again and refilmed the whole video again. This time it was way easier, we also finished a lot earlier, which brings our group a lot more time editing. Here is the final copy:

My answer to the driving question: as a group we were able to learn video skills by trying to get the same timing, shots, angles… when we were editing we learned how to make the video just the way we wanted, when we were shooting the clips we tried our best to keep the camera angles straight and the way we want them to be, we learned how to record the audio and edit them to match the film. Most importantly we learned how to create a film as a group together.

Sustainable blue sky

Hi guys, it’s me Randy again. Today I’m going to reflect on my last maker project of the year—sustainable blue sky. In this project we were asked to create and design something by ourselves, and at some point it has to help the world.
Because of the Coronavirus outbreak, we only have access to some materials at home, and for me I had wood, plants, and a green house. So I decided why don’t my topic be about gardening. Then I had this wonderful idea of self watering pot in my mind, then started to work on it.

The way that self watering pot can help the world is by making gardening easier, and then people would think that gardening isn’t that hard, and eventually they will have their own. Because of the home garden out there, the plants can produce more air, and this will definitely help with the air pollution problem. After all of those thinking I started to work with my dad on the pot. After two days the pot was made, so then I started to work on the self water system. I made a bucket filled with water, and at the bottom it has a hole, and my turning the cap of the bucket the rate of dripping water changes. I also made a handle to hang the bucket, turns out that it works really well.
The whole process was recorded in my launch journal, please check it out.

In this project I learned woodworking with my dad, and it was really fun. Hopefully my product can actually help the world and make the air better.

New France

Hi guys it’s me Randy again, today is a special day. Me and my classmates fished our projects and we are ready to move on, summer break is tomorrow and today is my last day of being a grade 8, and at this point I’m going to be reflecting on my last humanities project.

This project was still about people in back then, and the driving question was “what did the artifacts teach us about settlement peoples, and life in New France?” Basically I’ve chosen an artifact that was found in New France after I did some research on it, I wrote a creative story that connects the artifacts to a person that lived in New France. I made up a person called Blanche Jean Paul based on the research that I did on people that lived in New France, he was a unlicensed fur trader and because his friend thatgot killed by the government, so he decided to just become a farmer and have a nice family, then he met his future wife and married. The artifact comes in when they married and his wife drew him when he was farming.  If you are interested in some specific details of my story then please check it out.

The book

We learned knowledge about the start of Canada in this project, and mainly from milestone 2, 3, and 4. For each of them we learned how people and things lived in New France. I chose my person and artifact at that point, and after I just jumped right into the story spine. The first draft of the story spine was not good, but the second one was awesome. After it got approved I just wrote the story about “Blanch Jean Paul the unlicensed fur trader”.

After all I think I learned a lot in this project, in the story I showed how people lived in New France. And I also made my artifact specific and related to my character.

Where would you go for a road trip

Hi and welcome to site, today I’m going to be reflecting on a short project that I just finished, it was a scimatics project, and it was about spending ten thousand dollars on a road trip. First I decided that my vehicle was going to be a minivan, and then I decided where to go. I really like fossils, so I made this awesome schedule to Alberta. First I listed some one time expenses, and then I listed some everyday expenses, for ten days. After all the calculations my total cost was 9998, which was very close to ten thousand. 

Now let’s talk about the competencies,

Reasoning and analyzing: the cost for every single item that was in the trip was accurate.

Connect and reflect: my trip was very unique, because I went to Alberta for fossil hunting, and the total cost was really close to ten thousand.

Communicating and representing: my graph was very accurate and so was my equation

.

After all the trip that I planned was very unique, and fun, so I think I did very well.

Tpol 2020

Hey guys, and welcome to my first Tpol. In today’s post I will be talking about some progress that I made this year and also some things that I could improve on for next year. After I went though all the blog posts that I wrote this year, I’ve realized that my marks were going higher, and mainly because I got a lot more used to the technology and I also deleted all the games on my iPad since the last mPOL, I got way less distracted from entertainments after I stopped playing clash Royale on my iPad. after I stopped playing games,  I had more time for guitar practice and basketball, I even joined the school badminton team because I wanted more exercise.

Now let’s talk about some projects that I’ve done, my favorite ones are DI, argh matey, and chemistry coding, for each of them we had to create and design something by our own, for DI my team design a bridge out of cards, for argh matey I wrote a story around Magellan and smallpox, for chemistry coding I made a geometry dash by writing my own codes, for each of them I had to do a lot of research and most importantly they were fun. Especially chemistry coding, after we finished coding our games, we showed them to each other and apparently my was way too hard to play, so I had to shut down some of my obstacles in the game in order to let mr.gross grade my project, and anybody want to know how I learned coding, well I found a geometry dash tutorial on YouTube, and after watching it for several times I’ve learned it. But don’t forget it was a scimatics project, I also learned a lot about atoms, but it was really boring.  The most knowledgeable project I’ve done should definitely be argh matey, it was scimatics and humanities combined project, I learned tones of knowledge about the exploration ages and the smallpox virus, then I wrote a creative story, between smallpox and Magellan, it turns out that mr.gross really liked my story, and give me a rainbow. Lastly destination imagination, what can I say about it…it was just having fun together and teamwork? Many people think that DI is just a waste of time but I think team work is important, and knowing how to work with my best friends is important too. The grades for milestones that did in the beginning of the year was about emerging or developing, and now they are mostly accomplished or even extending, I really made some process this year, and hopefully I will do it even better. And the least favorite projects of the year are probably it’s the end of the world, and Star Wars mini blue sky. The reasons for it’s the end of the world was because I didn’t like singing or writing lyrics, the reason for Star Wars was because it was my first blue sky, and my product was completely off topic, so it was a little bit embarrassing to present it in front of people. Now let’s talk about my goals for next year

Screen time should definitely be one of my big focus next year because I’ve been trying to keep drown my screen time everyday, but it didn’t work well as I expected, another goal is to eat less bacon, as you already know I’m obsessed with bacon and I’ve eaten it way too much during quarantine.
I would also want to get my humanities mark higher, and to get there I will have to spend more time on it and do more English practice after school. I signed up for woodworking instead of gym for next year, because I feel like basketball academy is enough for me. For this blue sky project that I’m doing right now, it’s about making a self watering pot, so me and my dad bought some woods and made a pot out of it, I find it really interesting and  hopefully I can improve my skills at the woodworking class.

By the way my basketball academy classes are going to be here at Seycove instead of park gate for next year, so that way I can hang out with my friends at lunch everyday. Right now I’m super excited for grade 9. I tried out some new books this year, English and Chinese, my goals for next year is to read 20 books at least. Lastly and most importantly is my math, as you probably know I’m really good at math but apparently I got a B on my report card, it was such a shame to me, the reason was I didn’t work with my group that well, so for next year I’ll try to interact with them more, and maybe help them at math. It has been a short year after all, because of the Corona virus pandemic, but at home I worked really hard too, usually I wake up at 8:30, and after breakfast I’ll play guitar for half an hour, and the rest of the day is just for school work and books, after three, I usually play ping pong with my parents, and I scheduled my daily life pretty well so don’t worry about it. This is the end of the year, happy summer break guys!!!

Photojournalism

Hi guys it’s your boy Randy again, 

Today I’m going to reflect on a maker project that I just finished, it was about taking photos and making photo essays. Since we were all in quarantine, so my teacher have decided to make the driving question “How can we, as photojournalists, tell stories of our community during this period of physical distancing?” For this project we were asked to make a book that tells a story with some still images and some descriptions. For the first few weeks we were mainly launching and building knowledge, most milestones really helped me to answer the driving  question, especially milestone 2-when we had to interview some one from our community. I chose to interview my neighbor’s kid and there was a similarity between us, online classes, and that was when I decided what my topic was going to be. I realized that I had online math classes out side of school and I thought that would be a good topic, the class was supposed to be face to face but now its online. Some things have happened to this math class during quarantine so I decided to make a book about it.

I started shooting photos after I knew what my story was gonna be about, and after editing they all looked so amazing. So yeah, that was pretty much how I made my book, I also answered the question pretty well because apparently I told a story about my community with photos. Lastly, here is my book.

Book

My own comic book

Hi guys it’s your boy Randy again,

Today I’m gonna reflect on a project that I just finished, it was scimatics and humanities combined project and the final product was a comic book. Though out the whole project we learned how do cells and diseases interact, and what is the historical significance of  my chosen explorer-Magellan.

For this blog post There will be two parts, one for scimatics and one for humanities, I’ll go over them really quickly and after I’ll dive in deeper.

Part one, humanities:

For launch we watched a movie called Osmosis Jones, it was a story about diseases fighting with white blood cells inside a human body, it’s a really interesting story because it was switching around between human life and human body, which was similar to the project I was doing. Our comic books were supposed to be about a significant explorer during the age of exploration which is about 16 centuries, having some kind of interactions with a specific disease. After all the whole story has to make sense and happens during the age of exploration. And then we learned some significant voyages of some explorers at that time, after a week of building knowledge we each had to choose an explorer and do some research about them, I thought that Magellan would be nice since he was the first one that discovered Asia. We also got to read a few comic books, because then we know what should a good comic book look like.

Part two, scimatics:

for launching we did an mind map and listed some of the questions that we had, and for building knowledge we did some khan quizzes about cells and diseases, after all of that, we chose our diseases and started to research about them, I chose smallpox because it was pretty well known and also really deadly.

Lastly we started to make our comic books, we first made a story board which was like the rough version of our final product, the purpose was to tell a story and have some rough sketches of the comic pages. After my story was approved, I started to work on my real comic. My story was about Magellan sailing to the spice island but by the time that they arrived they got the smallpox from the natives and Magellan thought that the native have poisoned them so they started a war, and at the end they lost and returned home with spices.

As a learner I learned how cells and disease interact, and also the history during the exploration ages. And here are the reflections on each competencies.

Questioning and predicting:  all the milestones and the steppingstones are completely to the best of my ability.

Scientific communication: my virus interacted with body cells in the comic book in a scientific way, I also used the correct vocabularies and accurate diagrams.

Evaluating: symptoms and logical out comes of the chosen disease are included in the story.

here is the comic book that I made, click here to see.