For the first blue sky project in grade 9 PLP we had to each come up with a inquiry question that has to do with the theme of Harry Potter, we had many classes to think and brainstorm different questions and then share with the class to qrutique and revise are questions. The question that I chose to present was If the muggles knew about the wizarding world could it still function?. I had to do a lot of research as I have only read a few of the Harry Potter books and had watched all the movies but could not remember them, I watched all the movies again and took notes that would help me with the question that I had come up with. I then chose how I would present this question, I decided to make a video explaining how the wizarding world could or couldn’t work, and comparing the muggles finding out about the wizards to when the Spanish people colonized America. I compared these two very different situations because the Spanish people are basically like the muggles, they could come into the wizarding world like the Spanish came to America, because they better technology and they could try and take over. When the Spanish people came to America they took some of the native Americans back to Spain and treated them very poorly, they where tortured and brutalized, which the muggles could try and do to the wizards to try and get information out of them to learn magic. I decided to find what images/footage from the movie I would use in my video and then wrote my script. I then put my video together and recorded my voice over so I could spend time editing and revising my Video.

We got put into groups my group consisted of Alex, Ethan, Robbie, Michael, and ryan d (click on their name to go to their blogs). We got put into groups by what topic our project question was, my group was the world of Harry Potter. We had to decorate our presentation area like a part of hogwarts, the goal was to make the viewers feel like they just walked into the real hogwarts, make them feel transported to another world and make them feel like they are apart of that world. so my group chose the gryffindor common room. We decorted our section with Christmas lights, wallpaper, chests, Harry Potter memrobelia, and we each dressed up in Gryffindor robes to enhance the experience. We also had to create an interactive game that people could do to make our exhibition more fun, so we did pin the scar on Harry Potter which the kids seemed to enjoy. We also brought food that people could eat so we brought dragons milk (eggnog) liquorice wands (liquorice) and Bertie bots different flavoured beans (jelly beans), we even played Harry Potter music in the back ground to make them feel like they are in hogwarts. I thought presenting our projects would be really boring and that no one would really be interested in our projects but i was really suprised with the feedback that i heard and got from the visitors that came around and looked at our exhibition. All i heard was good feedback and it seemed like everyone really enjoyed themselves cause i certainly did, i enjoyed hearing the feedback about my project and that everyone seemed engaged and asked questions on how I compared the colonization of America to Harry Potter. Next time i would probably spend more on my project because like a week before the project was due we where in Seattle for 3 days i should of spent more time before going to Seattle on planning and perfecting my script, I also felt like my voice over for my video could of been a lot better because when i recorded it my through was really sore and it took awhile to record to make it sound ok. Presenting was really fun and i think the parents thought it was fun going around looking at all these interesting and different projects that everyone has put time into. At the end of the exhibition I wasn’t feeling to great because me and my friend Ethan drank a lot of dragons milk, and Ethan ordered a pizza which didn’t help. This was my first exhibition and I can say that I really enjoyed it and can’t wait to see how the next one goes.