Take Your Tubular Kid To Work Day (BC Edition) Part 2

This is the second part in the Take Your Kid to Work Day adventure. I highly suggest you read the First Part.

In this part ,I will be showing you the interviews that took place. In these interviews, I asked four questions;: 1) what  are the essential skills necessary to perform your job, 2) what are some of the duties you perform during a typical day, 3) what are the academic qualifications for your position, and 4) what are the employment prospects in your field?

Here are their responses:

Now its my turn to answer some questions.

End Of Workplace Review

1. What careers at the workplace could you see yourself pursuing and why?

I feel like I could see myself pursuing a career as a music professor. I love music and have been playing the saxophone for about five years now. I could definitely see myself teaching music theory or giving private sax lessons. Most of the other jobs that I explored today, however, are not what I see myself doing.

2.  What strengths did the people who held the careers you where interested in have?

They where all very intelligent and skilled but the biggest strength they all possessed was their ability to communicate. They all had to be good communicators because of the requirements of their jobs. For example, Steve Kaldestad needs to communicate well in order to effectively teach his students. Julie and Brook, in order to ensure everyone comes together to pull off an event, have to be very good communicators and Janet, to coordinate a project, has to communicate well too.

3.   What can you do to gain more knowledge on the careers that interest you and what is necessary to get there.

I personally would like a career in engineering or law. My steps to figure out how to pursue these involves finding an engineer or lawyer and ask them how they got to the position they are in today. That could involve their schooling, experience, or motives. I could also go to a Job Fair. A Career Counsellor would have good information too. And, of course, there is the mighty Google.