Hi I’m Ryan and welcome to my blog. I am a grade 10 student in the PLP program, that enjoys playing a lot of sports. Mostly baseball. I play baseball, hockey, basketball, and I snowboard. Although those are just the sports I play outside of school. I also can play football, soccer, and rugby.

At school I am usually a pretty high achiever in anything I’m interested in. If not, I unfortunately can’t guarantee 100% effort. This is something I’ve worked on and has definitely improved while being in this PLP cohort. Which if you don’t know is a program offered at Seycove secondary. In PLP we do project based learning, which means instead of studying for a end of unit test we do a project about the whole thing. It’s also a one to one iPad program which means we all have our own iPad to do work on.

To represent who we are we were assigned a project to find a quote that really represents who we are. I am not as short now but growing up I was almost always the shortest kid on every sports team. At times I have felt like my abilities were a bit overlooked due to my height, and therefore I had to do more to prove myself. Marcus Stroman is a star pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays, even though he is only 5’8″. This quote is a perfect fit because he always plays with a ton of heart and passion.

Height Doesn’t Measure Heart” – Marcus Stroman.

We were then tasked to find an image that represents the quote. It could be anything to a photo of you or whatever. We then had to trace/draw it in an app called Sketches proTo fit with the main theme of the year in PLP10 we had to record ourselves saying the quote with some background music we made in Garage Band.