BlueSky-
It wasn’t too hard to think of something to invent around one of my favorite things to do, Mountain Biking. Any active mountain biker would know, that good biking results in having to fix something on your bike-or your buddy’s bike!!!
image
There is nothing worse than being dropped off at the top of Mount Seymour ready to go for an epic ride down the mountain and wipe out in the first 5 minutes. Maybe you just pop a tire, break your chain or break some spokes. First thing you need are your tools. Any if you haven’t prepared well enough your stuck…..
So what would a good mountain bikers pack you ask?

✓ Allen Keys (multi sizes)

✓ Tire lever
✓ Pump
✓ Extra tubes
✓ Chain break
✓ Spoke Lever
So that sounds like a lot of stuff, and heavy too. So my first thought is, I don’t want all of this stuff rolling around in my bag. I also want it to all be in an easy to pack container with everything included. Preferably I don’t want it on my back.
So I had a vision and made a prototype that would reflect everything I wanted. I used fabric, buttons and glue. I made a pouch, sewing in strips of fabric that I could then just slip the tools in and out of. I then sewed a button on for closing it. Though I didn’t have quite enough time, I intent to sew on Velcro straps onto the outside to allow me to the strap it directly onto my bike.
Designing in this way means I have everything in one place, I am not carrying it on my back and I don’t have to take it on and off my bike.
If I had the chance to pay to have a true prototype build, I would ensure it was in a hard, waterproof outer case. This would avoid my fabric from breaking down.
SUCCESS!image