Emojis

Ok, emojis.

What will I be talking about in a blog post about Emojis? I mean, everyone know everything about emojis! Well, that’s where you might be surprised to learn that their is a lot you don’t know  about emojis.

• When were they invented?
  • How can we have fun with them?
  • And a the end, I’ll go over some of my favourite emojis.

Emojis are pictogrammes that you can access on computers. There are 3, 304 emojis worldwide, each one describing something else. In my opinion, emojis are popular for three main reasons.

1- They’re bright, cartoony and colourful. This makes them funny and amusing.

2- When you type in a word with an emoji counterpart, like cool (😎) or dog (🐶) the emoji pops up in the recommended bar of your virtual keyboard.

3- They’re a unique way of expressing oneself in a way you can’t by typing.

The history of emojis.

In 1990, the USA, Japan and several countries in Europe attempted to create our current emoji system. The emojis were predated by the emoticon, another pictogramme based system. Over time, the current emotes evolved into common place symbols.

How can we have fun with them?
Well, an emoji story prompt website was created (link here) and I used it to generate a random string of emojis that I include into my story.

Here are my emojis:

All right, here we go.

Once upon a time, their was a guitarist. This guitarist loved playing his instrument out in the woods, and he loved getting back to nature. Unfortunately, he had a sweet tooth and one day he brought many sweets with him. He was eating a chocolate covered donut when a bear showed up, attracted by the food. The guitarist threw sweet into the woods, which the bear lumbered afterwards, and he ran. Once he made it out of the woods, he broke down laughing, unable to comprehend what just happened.