Term One Recap – SciMathics

Term one of Scimathics was a scheme of ups and downs for me.

Math has always been a struggle of mine, and I found that I did struggle in the math portion of our class. I definitely need to start asking for help and not being scared to ask questions to clarify math terms. I found the dream house unit to be super fun and engaging, I surely think my partner and I did well on it. The singular math units were a struggle for me, so for next term I think I just need to be more involved and speak up when I don’t understand something.

On the other hand, I think the science portion of Scimathics was more successful for me. I really grasped each topic well and I think I did a good job on the Superhero project, electrical unit and chemical unit. One thing I can improve on is studying a bit more to assure I know exactly what I’m doing when I’m going into a test to prevent test anxiety. Other than that, I think I’m doing well in science and it’s a class I’m surely engaged and interested in.

Overall, I’m happy with my achievements in Scimathics for term one, but I believe I can be happier. I am going to put in more effort with studying and speak up more to improve my overall mark. I’m super excited for the next term where we will be learning about space — my favourite thing ever — and to continue the Game of Life unit in math!

Until next time,

My Pretty Blog.