Rielizing Métis Rights

Louis Riel, The Canadian Encyclopedia, by George F.G. Stanley, April 22, 2013 “Come on you target for faraway laughter/Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine”-Pink Floyd, Shine on You Crazy Diamond Hi! For our final semester 1 project in Humanities, we learned about Louis Riel. In this short 3 week project, we Read More…

Brave New Worlds

“Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a scream/Wave upon wave of demented avengers /March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream”-Pink Floyd, Sheep Ideas are what drive human progress. But what happens when people start to question the ways of life that they have been accustomed to? This is what we learned Read More…

Becoming a Loonatic

“I can’t explain you would not understand/This is not how I am/I have become comfortably numb”-Pink Floyd, Comfortably Numb  How do our choices impact our future path? The answer lies in the murky depths of Loon Lake. Recently, we went on a life-changing 5 day workshop trip to Loon Lake with Pinnacle Pursuits. The main Read More…

Taking My Dad To Work

Reading the future. Sounds pretty cool, right? Also sounds like something a wizard would do! Well, did you know that there is an actual viable career in which you do that? A few days ago was Take Your Kids To Work Day, so I went to Environment And Climate Change Canada where my dad works Read More…

Run(ning Away From Monsters)!

Hi! Recently in Maker, we were given the opportunity to create a remake of the short film “Run!” Here’s the original: The original follows a jogger on a trail, who is being chased by a monster. The original uses a variety of sounds and angles to portray emotions and create suspense. To remake this film Read More…

We ❤️ The King!!!

“Big man, pig man/Ha, ha, charade you are”-Pink Floyd, Pigs (Three Different Ones) Recently in PLP, we played a simulation called Nation X, which is based on the French/Russian Revolutions. In this game there are 4 groups: A and B (The 3rd Estate), C (The Nobility), and D (The Clergy). Pay and jobs were distributed Read More…

The Terrific TPol Of 2023

Hello everyone! Welcome to my tPol! The tPol is the transitional presentation of learning, in which we have to answer the driving question of “why do I feel that I’m ready to move up to the next grade level?” As evidence, I will show examples of places where I have improved and places where I Read More…