The Loon lake experience!

Hey there, welcome back to my blog. Recently the whole of PLP 9 went on a retreat out in Maple ridge, more specifically, Loon Lake. When we arrived, I was a little bit unsure, but very quickly I realized this was all to help us improve ourselves. We started the very first day off with a variety of different outdoor activities! I got to do archery, which gave me more confidence in myself, both physically and mentally, over the next day as well I continued to do Rock climbing, low ropes which promoted team building and planning. During these outdoor activities we also did indoor sessions with the head of loon lake retreats. In these indoor sessions we were taught how to find good things about ourselves. Some of the things we did however can’t really be talked about on here because they are private and shared between PLP 9. This retreat has helped get to know my fellow classmates that I spend the majority of my weekdays with, I got to bond with many of them on a closer level as well, I think that one of the reasons for this, was the energy and the sense of accomplishment everyone shared, we all supported and cheered each other on, we encouraged and helped others if they were unsure. All of this helped us to really bond, and I know that I left that trip better of than before. There was a driving question “how do the choices we make set our future path?”. I now know that we all have to be thoughtful about what we say and also take into context as to how it might affect others, the choices we make will alter our future and shape who we become, so we need to make sure the right ones are made.

– Ps no photos, WordPress wasn’t working when I tried to add photos, sorry!