My mPOL 2022-2023

Hello again everyone!

For the semester turnaround we had to present something called an mPOL. It is our declaration of learning for PLP! Here’s what I have planned.

First you introduce your parents to your teacher. Then you say your declaration of learning.

Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening to my presentation.

Next you talk all about your learning, things you improved on, are working on etc.

Some skills I learned at Saint Pius are really useful, like knowing how to create an understandable and straight to the point presentation, being able to plan out what I'm going to say and how I'm going to say it, and including the information in an interesting way. We were taught how to use google docs and google slides and other apps to make a high quality presentation. But my favourite app was, and still is canva. It helps me express my creativity.

I am really proud of and I also absolutely loved some of the projects we did so far this year. My laptop Memoji was a very fun expressive project to do. I tried to portray my creative and artsy side through the stickers I chose to put on the laptop.

I also really loved the photo unit we did in maker, called making interesting images. I loved finding out new things about the camera app and the way you can portray photos, based off of the angles, lighting, and filters.

Here is a sample of my work.

I also loved our drawing unit where we learned how to better use sketches pro. I created a book with the drawings that I made. You can find it on my post titled finding fun with drawing.

https://www.blog44.ca/ailieh/2023/01/23/finding-fun-with-drawing/

I can improve my organization skills, and my organization of time. I sometimes forget to check showbie and I haven’t submitted the appropriate work. If there’s something that interests me while I’m doing any kind of work I could certainly become more engaged in it than finishing my project. I can also improve on my listening skills, when I’m tired I have a shorter attention span. 

The most interesting thing I have learned so far this year is that it’s ok to fail, you can always try again. I also love all of the fun projects we get to do, like our most recent project on the renaissance. We researched the different innovations from the renaissance, then put the ones we found the most intriguing in to an art piece called a triptych which is a three panelled piece of art. We also made an historical explanation answering the driving question, ”How did the ideas from Europe and Asia change the world?”.

https://www.blog44.ca/ailieh/2023/01/27/the-renaissance/

This year I have failed in not putting enough effort in to some of my work. Sometimes I feel like I’m rushing when I have enough time to be more detailed and work harder on it. Not all of my work is to my own standards.

I am going to strive to achieve to put in my full potential when working on any of my work. I am also going to strive to achieve the best possible results of my work. I’m also going to strive to achieve to be on task as much as needed. 

This is my learning plan.

At the beginning of the year we wrote down what we already knew from the plp subjects, and we set new goals for things we want to learn. I wanted to achieve extending in all of my classes. I haven’t met all of the goals I wanted to yet but the ones I haven’t met yet I’m on my way to meeting them. We had to put down our strengths and growths, also our goals. Here are the other things I wrote. I would like to be able to spell better, and write better. I would also like to be a little more confident in my public speaking abilities. 

My conclusion: 

There have been so many fun projects and things this semester.  I have learned so much this semester, and I hope I will learn so much more next semester. I hope semester two will be as amazing as semester one. 

Thank you so much for reading my post!
-Ailie💜