my fPOL

“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.”

Hello everyone! Welcome to my fPOL! Wait, what? An fPOL? What’s that?! I thought is was just an mPOL and a tPOL! I am calling this “POL” an fPOL because it is my FINAL presentation of learning! Thanks in advance for listening.

I am least proud of my slam poem. I am most proud of my Frankenstuffie movie trailer.

I really struggled with the slam poem because I enjoy the pure facts rather than the emotional part of a story.

The most interesting thing, or things I learned this year was all about Canadian nationalism and government propaganda, especially the big difference between myth and reality. The most boring thing I learned this year was about Leviathan. Did not enjoy. I enjoyed things I found interesting.

I approached different projects differently because how much I liked the topic. For example I was not looking forward to the emotional portion of the Industrial Revolution project, but I was looking forward to the fact and paragraph writing part. I definitely put more effort and time into the paragraph than the slam poem. I decided to spend more time and allocate more time towards the paragraph than the slam poem.

I failed this year at my first draft of the frankenstuffie story. My first idea had no character development, and wasn’t thought out very well, but I redid everything and made a really good story with a world completely different that really fit the sci-fi theme of the project.

All of the work I made this year met my standards. Sometimes it took multiple drafts, but all of my work got there.

1984 and 1/2 is a great example of this!

I used my writing skills for most of my projects, like writing stories, paragraphs, and poems.

My goals for my work did not change as I worked on it because the goals for the assignments did not change.

I felt dissatisfied during the process of PLP work because the keystones for the ww1 project felt very underwhelming, and I felt like I wasn’t really making anything except for the propaganda posters that I made, which I am really happy and proud of. I felt like I learned a lot from that project.

If I could change one thing about my work this year, it would be going to the museum so I could actually do the first keystone of the ww1 project.

One thing I saw in my classmates work was Charlie Ritchie’s frankenstuffie video. I thought his movie trailer, story, and character design was amazing and extremely original and well thought out.

Something I felt frustrating in PLP work is how Socials and English is put together. I feel like I haven’t really improved my English and writing, and sometimes some projects will either do no English at all, and some will have half English.

I’ve enjoyed my 2 years at PLP, and I am excited to move on to grade 10. Thank you for listening and spending time to listen to my fPOL.