โœฐโ€๐˜๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜Š๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜บ ๐˜›๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆโ€โœฐ

Hi people. Iโ€™m back with another project reflection. This time itโ€™s for scimatics and the project was all about correlation vs. causation. It all started with creating a mind map, here is mine:

This gave us a good introduction to correlation vs. causation, but next we began the project to further our knowledge. I was partnered with Owen to create a keynote slideshow that shows and explains two correlations. One of these showed causation and the other was a correlation without causation. We collected data for our correlation graphs by surveying our classmates.

The project went with three curricular competencies. The first one was applying and innovating. I practiced this competency by working with a partner. Not only did I have to focus on the project, I also focused on collaboration. Another example is how our class sent each other surveys to collect data, I think this is a collaborative approach. The next one is communication and representing. I showed this by participating in class discussions about the topic, and presenting the final project to the class. The final competency was to represent mathematical ideas in concrete, pictorial, and symbolic forms. This was practiced through the entire project. One example is the design of our slideshow that shows graphs, mathematical language, and ideas that go with symbols.

I learned a few things from this project. For example I learned how to create a graph and find correlations in that graph. I learned how to conduct an ethical survey that is unbiased and of course the difference between correlation vs causation. A correlation is a relationship between data. Just because there is a correlation does not mean there is causation. Causation is when one is the result of another. There is also root causation where there is something that causes both pieces of data.

The end.
-Asha