Fractions Of Your Time

Welcome back to my blog! With the new quarter, comes new classes! I’m in Scimatics now and I’ve been working on a new project entitled Fractions Of Your Time. This project is all about screen time and tracking how much of our time is screen time. This was done using Apple’s screen time function in settings and tracking our other activities on our own. The information was displayed in a table in Numbers, as well as some charts. 

Competencies

Applying and Innovating: How can I contribute to care self, others, and world through personal and collaborative approaches?

I think I used this competency well when I was working with some of my classmates. I sat with Hannah and Dana to do the adding and subtracting fractions assignment. I helped care for community by helping when they had questions and they helped me in return. This could also be part of the collaborative aspect of this competency. I think most of our conversations were about school related topics and we stayed on task together.

Here is some of the adding and subtracting work I did in Notability

Understanding and solving: Visualize to explore mathematical concepts

I think I used this competency pretty well by making an easy-to-follow Numbers document and frequently adding to it. I think my data was organized and accurate and that’s why I did well using this competency. I also clearly showed the fractions and percents of each segment of my table. 

Here are some of my charts

Communicating and Representing: Represent mathematical ideas in concrete, pictorial, and symbolic forms

I think I did pretty well on this competency because I had an aesthetically pleasing chart that made sense. All my data was converted into tables that matched my theme. Also I included other types of charts and not just pie charts to show other forms of displaying data. Also my charts weren’t just there for aesthetic, they also had meaning. 

I’m pretty sure that I did alright on using these competencies throughout the course of this project. 

Evidence Of My Learning

I think I definitely learned quite a bit throughout the course of this project. I learned a lot about using the app numbers. I learned a ton about spreadsheets and how to use them to document data. I also learned how to convert the data off the spreadsheet into pie charts and other graphs. I also learned a bit about myself. For example, I learned that about 1/4 of my time is spent on screens. I think I learned a lot in Milestone 2 and the activities leading up to it. I learned about adding and subtracting fractions and how it relates to everyday life.

I enjoyed this project and I think I did pretty well on it! I also learned a ton about fractions and the app Numbers. Included below are the rest of my charts that weren’t already in the post.

I hope you enjoyed my post!

Sincerely, me

0 comments on “Fractions Of Your TimeAdd yours →