Hi, welcome to my blog this time I’m doing one on something that I’ve done almost before. A tpol! A tpol is a transitional presentation of learning. So I will be talking about my growth as a learner for the most part. And projects I think I did good on or badly on and more and how they affected my growth as a learner.

so at the start of the year when I started PLP 8 I was definitely still like I was before I would never raise my hand and always zone out. but during the mpol presentation, I did earlier in the year I set goals for myself to do for example I wanted to raise my hand in class more often even if nobody had theirs up and to pay more attention in class and catch myself when my mind would wander. when I actually did the things I wanted to do it felt pretty good because I would be showing My growth every time I did it.

During some projects, I had more growth than others or had a challenge that let me grow more in the future. 

One of the first projects I want to cover is one that I found fun and I grew a lot while doing it is DI aka destination imagination because it was hard at some parts and fun at others One of the reasons I feel like I really grew and doing destination imagination is because of the teamwork skills I had to use leadership skills as while A better example of how I grew During DI was The quality of work from the start to the end for example if you looked at the first instant challenge my group did as a team and then looked at the last one you would see a very clear difference in skill level I also grew in responsibility because I tried to write a lot of our script even though I did not need to end it was not my job but still worked out when I did. In short, I really think that the atmosphere of DI let me grow and change as a Lerner.

A project that is similar to this but a bit different and very clear in growth is the exhibition projects because one has happened recently and I can clearly see the difference in girls from the first to the second in the first one I was really panicky and didn’t understand what to be doing but is the second exhibition I really understood how to position myself and how to speak to my audience and I wrote The script going to my audience in a more natural way did the first one also the environment from the first one to the second one was huge in a good because, in my opinion, it was quite better because we transformed the room using everybody’s idea Also during this project I got to show some more of my skills by making a stick bow.

One of the most memorable projects I worked on was the scimatics Project because I struggled a lot with it the project was called The ultimate design challenge where we had to do the math to figure out the area and volume of an object that we bed during this project I had lots of struggles because I couldn’t figure out how to do the math and if I learned it just left my brain. I did really bad on this project because I didn’t understand it and couldn’t hand in the work on time because I wanted to do a good job and hand in work that I was proud of. Because the final product as well was very difficult calculating shapes I had no clue how to calculate but I kept trying to do the math and never worked when I tried again it was always a different number so I really struggled with this project in short But by doing so I got used to not always doing work I was proud of and just sometimes understanding that work needs to be done

But the work I am least proud of would probably be working with words where we make poems and works of literature. I didn’t think I did a good job because first off I was sick and had a hard time catching up and second of all I didn’t really have a good track record of poems so I had a few poems that I think are good even though they all met the criteria and at the end of this project we made a book and I felt like I may be rushed it but I didn’t necessarily like it so if I had a chance to do something like it again I would think I could show a lot better work than before

for the last project, I think I’m going to talk about a project where there is a clear line of growth and that would be one of my first projects the medium is the message because in this project where we had to make ads for companies out in Deep Cove there is a very clear line of how I grew as a learner by using and learning a whole bunch of skills to improve our images to the final level I’ll show you some of my images       

Second                                                                           First

Third                                                                             Fourth

During this project at the start of the year, I didn’t know much about POP but it was something I wanted to try so I decided to give it all I could during this project there were definitely a few troubles whether it would-be teammates, myself, and many different things But we ended with dad I think most of the people in the group are happy with

Here I’m gonna be heading away from some of the projects and be talking about a habit that I want to try and get for the next year because I did not utilize the skill during my year. I didn’t really decide to use organizing apps I’m not really sure why it just never seemed nice in my head to do so I never did use them but I think now I will try and use them to help myself Stay on top of my work When does the reason I wanna try to do this because I kept seeing that students that I thought were successful were using it so I think it will be a good skill to use next year

For next year I think I’m quite ready to try and use all the skills that I’ve learned and continue growing throughout grade 9 even if it’s harder than grade 8 I think I’m ready to deal with those problems

thanks for reading and goodbye 

• Dylan