Hi, I’m Dylan and welcome back to my blog today I’m gonna talk about a trip to Alberta, the west, and a mini-exhibition. our driving question for the project was about the geography of the west and how it shaped us and continues to shape us. And for our final project, we were working to make an e-book about our driving question and showing some of our trip to Alberta. Ok so at the start of the project I was away for a week and was behind and almost didn’t get to go on the trip but luckily I was able to go. I got back to school on Monday and left on Thursday to go to Alberta. One of the most important parts of the entire project that we talked about every day was the five themes of geography. The five themes of geography were made up of, movement ( people, products and ideas), regions (formal, functional, and vernacular), human-environment interaction ( humans adapt, humans modify, and humans depend), location (absolute, and relative) place, (cultural and physical). Now that I have told you about the five themes I can get into talking about my trip to Alberta I will be highlighting some of my favourite parts with photos and talking about how they show the five themes of geography. our trip was nine days and eight nights long on the first day we didn’t do much at the start besides bus for hours and stopped at Costco but before we reached our final destination we stopped at a place called the last spike if you want to see and read more about the last spike I have a page going over it in my book. My favourite part of the day and maybe the entire trip because everyone had tons of energy was everything we did was fun. when we got to our final destination of the day the three valley gap hotel where most of the things that made the day so fun happened. The hotel had made a ghost town full of old buildings and strange things and we had to go and take photos and make a video which is both in my book but after that, we got to go in the hotel and go in the titanic themed pool and that was also pretty fun and then we had dinner and went to bed. But in all the day was pretty fun. Then the second day was more of the same on our trip to Calgary in Alberta then once we got to Calgary we stayed there for three days and did some really cool stuff then headed on back for two days and all of the cool stuff that was mentioned in this post can be found more in details in my ebook. My answer to the driving question ” How has the geography of the West shaped who we are?”
Was focused on the diversity of the west because I think it was the most influential part of the west and how it shaped who we are. My reasoning for my answer is based on all the research I did over the course of the project. In my opinion, there are three main parts of my reasoning for my answer so ill go over them. One of the reasons was the diversity of the resources found in the west. Because from what I think resources are a big part of where people live and the west having so many different resources helped it grow, still helps it grow, and most likely will continue to help it grow. A way the resourceful diversity of the west helps the west grow is by having the ability to trade so many different resources back and forth for example Alberta can give bc oil while bc gives Alberta big tree logs to be able to build houses and so on. The resources can also be traded to different countries helping everyone in the west so the resources are one of the biggest and most diverse backbone of the west. Another big part of the diversity of the west is the geological diversity. The geological diversity of the west is the most influential part of the wets and how it shaped us it also Ties in with the first example of my reasoning because the diverse land found in the west also provided us with natural resources but also allowed us to live as we do but that’s not just it the geological diversity helped shaped us by the regions we live in because if you live on the coast of British Colombia your life will be a bit different then a person in Albertas which shapes us with different skills for the region we live in an example of this is the natural diversity of the First Nation people found in the diverse areas of the west because the First Nation people of Alberta for a more specific example ill use the Blackfoot people who would have to move With the bison and the weather compared to the First Nation people of the bc coast like the Tsleil-Waututh nation who’s people lived in one spot and was less nomadic then the Blackfoot people. And the reason these people lived as they did was because of the geographical diversity of the west and yet they were still both in the west and yet living completely diverse lifestyles. In short, the geological diversity shaped the diversity of the people and resources. A few of the many different areas found in the west are the Rocky Mountains the prairies the coast Vancouver rainforest and that’s just a few of them there are many more that have shown proof of how their geography has shaped us. That mostly wraps up my answer to the driving question so I want to quickly recap how I think I did on this project and then put my e book in so I think for all of the project I did a accomplished job even if some work was quite a bit late I still think the quality of the work that was done was either accomplished or extending I think that mostly because of how I liked the work that I did expesially the e-book and the presentation I did for it made me really proud that just about wraps up this post but just before you go I hope you take the time to look and check out my e-book.

Good bye and thanks for reading