Worldview Summative Post

Hello everyone and welcome to my summative post on my ‘How it Started/How it’s Going’ project, as always we started with a driving question.

What can we learn from the past and why does that matter to us today?

In this post I will be reflecting on what was done in this project!

Before beginning this project, I didn’t even know what the term ‘Worldview’ even meant! So I found this project rather informative.

We started off our learning process with a list of things we need to know about what world view is. Worldview, in simple terms is how you view certain world aspects! This can effect, and shape a person greatly. Most people in North America have what is called a western worldview.

After we spent some time learning about what a western worldview is, we were also introduced to the 7 aspects of worldview which are: Beliefs, Geography, Knowledge, Society, Economy, Values, and Time. Each of these aspects make up your worldview.

During this project I learned a lot about what a western  Worldview was, and how it effects everyone who falls under it, whether they fully realize it or not. Hmm almost like a subliminal message… wonder where I’ve heard that before. 

I think this project was one of the bigger projects we’ve done so far this year, though that doesn’t make it less interesting. It required a lot o team work which always makes for a different journey in projects, always more creative when you have more than one mind working on something.

The part of this project that really made me stop and think was when we created our collages. I found it somewhat difficult to find events that effected my worldview today! But the more I listened and thought about it, the more I began to understand that there a many events that could’ve helped shape my worldview today.

Thank you for reading my How it ‘Started/How its Going’ reflection!