Causation and Correlation

Hello! Welcome back to yet another blog post by yours truly.

In todays blog, we are going to be talking about the most recent project we’ve done in scimatics! Causation and Correlation.

Our driving question is: How are correlation and causation different?

As always our first step in this project was to create a mind map! unfortunately my mindnode (the platform we usually use for creating mind maps) didn’t want to work that day, so I drew my own mind map.

After our mind maps we went on to learn about how we would be making the graphs for this project, while doing this, we had to survey our entire class asking them their height, and the size of their hand! We then used the graph to show this information.

Once we did that, we made a survey plan, basically planning out our survey.

Next along the line we created our surveys! To help promote our surveys we sent them to school group chats and shared them with our classmates to collect data.

After the creation of our surveys we made a presentation outline, to help form ideas for how we presented our project.

Then we had our final presentation!

Core Competencies

Planning and conducting: Select and use appropriate equipment, including digital technologies, to systematically and accurately collect and record data

I think this was accomplished well, there are two correlations shown in our surveys, the results are displayed and graphs are analyzed and confirmed

Communicating and Representing: Use mathematical vocabulary and language to contribute to mathematical discussions

I think this was accomplished as well. Mathematical vocabulary was used during our final presentation and throughout our planning to help express and explain.

Applying and Innovating: Contribute to care for self, others, community, and world through individual or collaborative approaches

This was also accomplished! class time was used efficiently to work on the project, as well as time conducting surveys.

Thanks for reading, I hope you found our project interesting!