2017 SLC’S

It’s that time of the year again when we have student lead conferences, these are used for us to exhibit our work to our teachers and parents. So welcome this is my learning portfolio of the work I’m proud of.

The first part is the work that I’m most proud of. This would have to be my Destination Imagination project.  I am proud of this work because I put a lot of effort and work on it and I think it shows in the final product. Also though my group didn’t always agree and we had a few speed bumps along the way we were able to pull it off. And though we do have things we need to improve upon for Provincials overall the storyline and ideas behind were good and I think showed.

Another year of Destination Imagination

Next up is my growth as a learner. This has improved I think and has shown through, my example is between our videos for Seattle and Florida. The first video is the one that we did in groups and mine was based on Dale Chihuly the world renowned glass blower. This was a good video but it still had cracks in between it.

The Crazy ones

From then in Seattle and going to Orlando we have done a few videos in between and one of them was the one we did in Florida. This was about what draws us to imaginary worlds and I showcased Cinderellas Castle in my video. I think this has improved in quality and getting the right information into it. And not only was the video better but between these two trips I feel that I grew as a person in the sense that I have now learnt to be more independent and having to plan every step of the way other whys it all crumbles around you.

The happiest place on earth

And then last but not least my growth mindset. This would have to be the essay we did on what draws us to Imaginary worlds? Because I have always thought that writing wasn’t interesting and that it wasn’t worth it because I am a terrible writer but as I was learning about the essay structure and arguments you can make during writing I saw that it was actually quite interesting. And that though I may not be an amazing writer I can still always improve upon it.

Alice’s essay

That last point about becoming a better writer ties into my three goals for the rest of the year. That is one of them to become a stronger writer and I am going to do that by putting a little extra time into it look it over and get other people’s feedback. My next goal is to continue to learn and keep a group together like in DI. And finally my last goal is to put more effort into my blog and keep it up to date rather then just go in waves of posts. I will achieve that by looking for ways to add posts and get other peoples help on what to improve on and maybe even change the style.

so that was my SLC’s thank you for reading or listening to this presentation and I will be seeing you soon!