Another year of Destination Imagination

Last year around this time we were doing DI. This is a competition where you are assigned or choose a challenge that you then have to solve. Though you can’t have any help or use any ideas that anyone else contributed this can be tricky in finding ideas that are interesting and you can use in your presentation. The last time we did this I was in the engineering challenge where you have to create a structure under a certain weight. This year though I was in the fine arts section where we had to create a vanishing act based around a colour.

In my group was MimiSofiaJames and Ryan. We based our story that yellow had been stolen by blue because of Egyptian beliefs and blue wanted to be the most important primary color. In order to do this we were each a color and I was rainbow the investigator looking for him and interegating blue in the process. And as for our vanishing act we got a piece of white paper that we wrote Egyptian hieroglyphics and that we stained with coffee. We then put words saying that yellow was located near the great sphinx on the back of this then shined a light through it and the audience saw this and then it vanished.

And since this is a competion we found out that day that there were only two teams competent in this category and we were one of them. So this added an extra stress. But even though we didn’t win just because the judges didn’t think that it was a vanishing act and a few other details our group still did very good all things considered. And dont worry we get to fix all our mistakes since we are going to the provincial competion in a month!