A math project to DIE for

Well, the winter break is over and school is back on, so in this blog post, I am going to talk about my first Scimatics project of 2020. Our project was simply called “Like-Terms”, but something was different! We designed the project on our own! I decided to work alone and I created a murder mystery revolving around like terms. Let’s do a overview of the project!

Here is a taste of the of the project itself. I feel I did while reading the textbook pages.

I am going to reflect by going over the cirricular competencies and see if I achieved them!

• Innovating and Applying

I felt that I really innovated with a unique concept and applied the math I learned to my project.

Understanding and solving:

I felt that I was really understanding and problem solving, with 1. Understanding the concepts of Algebra and Polynomials but also 2. Creating a presentable murder mystery that connects and ties into my learning

Communicating and Representing:

I believe that I achieved communication and represention of mathematics ideas by using them as tool in the murder mystery. The characters all had a different number but the character with a different, unlike term was clearly the culprit and it was made fairly apparent.

Connecting and Reflecting:

I would say that I interests especially with storytelling and particularly Murder Mystery media. I would also say I connected mathematical concepts together.

Welp, that all I could say about this project, so, thank for reading! See ya!