Have you ever tried using AR maker? The app is hard, frustrating, and rewarding. 

My Final AR Maker Video

Watch my final AR Maker video here!

European Exploration

These past 5 weeks, we have learned about the cause and consequence of exploration. We read about the motivation of European exploration, early trading, and of course, the cause and consequences of exploration.

Storytelling

The driving question for this project was,  how can we use storytelling to investigate what  sparked global exploration and understand its impact? We can use story telling by making a story! We all made a AR maker video to do with this project. Mine tells the story of a girl called Anika. Anika desperately wanted to set sail with her father, and explore the world. One day when her father was leaving on a voyage, she decided to sneak her way along. She made it to the middle of the ocean, when a big wave hit her and knocked her overboard. Anika washed up on the shores of the land they called ‘Newfoundland’ (New Found Land). She somehow transmitted a disease called small pox to the people of the Americas. The disease grew and grew bigger, and it became exceptionally dangerous. Years later, her father reunited with her when he was on a voyage to the Americas. The two of them lived happily ever after in the land called the Americas. 

AR Maker

AR maker can be extremely confusing and hard to operate. You need to press place in a specific area, and make sure that you do not lose sight of your little friend in the white placing box. It was a very frustrating app at first, when we were making our practice stories. My story was deleting over and over, and I was done with the app. I then just kept moving forward, and was glad when I finished.

Small Pox

I think my story shows my knowledge very well because I demonstrated how the Europeans transmitted the disease ‘small pox’ into the Americas. The disease lasted for many many years,  and was highly contagious. Small children and women were most likely to contract the disease, while men were just the little bit more immune. The more people were exposed to small pox, the more their immune system built up, but the disease could still harm them harshly. Later, a vaccine was created to stop small pox, which helped a lot. Although people were taken care of, there weren’t enough hospitals for everyone, and thousands sadly past away from it.

Reflection

Overall on this project, I am proud of what I have accomplished, and created. I did get some revisions, but I took them in well, and used them to fuel me to make my next draft better. At the end, I got all 👌, and I feel good about that. In the future, I think I could’ve gotten the whole project done faster, but it’s all okay, because it is done and I am proud of the work I have produced. Thanks for reading, and keep your eyes peeled for my next post!