PIKACHU PRESENTS MEMORIZATION!

Hello. Hi. HIIIII, I HAVE ENERGY
Anyways!

If you’ve seen my last post you will know we are doing a project about the “crazy ones”. Did someone say crazy? Crazy? I was crazy once. They locked me in a room. A rubber room. A rubber room with rats. And the rats make me PRESENT PIKACHU PRESENTSTIONS.

We open the story with an introduction. We hear Mrs McWilliam say “ok now let’s watch a video about a pechakucha!”. Murmurs are heard throughout the room. Pikachu? But that’s a pokemon! Why are we learning about pokemon! “No, no children, not pikachu, pe-cha-ku-cha”. It’s a 20×20 slide format where you present 20 slides, each slide showing for 20 seconds before automatically advancing to the next one. Totalling to 6 minutes and 40 seconds of straight trying to act like you know your topic! 

Early stages of this project included a practice pechakucha! We were each allowed to choose a person who was featured in the “crazy ones” Apple campaign. For me I chose Martha Graham. I focused on how she was seen as a crazy individual and my answer to the question “how does it take a crazy person to change the world” using her as an example. My main answer was that she revolutionalized the dance world and broke out of the box of norms. This was a very good test run to see what presenting a pechakucha was like, but I think that we were so focused on making it perfect we lost sight of what we were supposed to be doing, which was simply seeing what it was like to get up there and present. 

As I may have told you before, we went to Seattle. Wichever teachers are reading this thank you for putting up with our terrible singing and driving us around the city of Seattle. It was very fun. Going to places like the climate pledge arena was especially very inspiring, and it was cool to see the backstage. Also we learned a lot of statistics about the arena. I like statistics 🙂 here’s some of my favourite photos I took while we were there 

This feild study was one filled with the perfect mix of learning and fun. We got important ideas out of each place, and we were able to construct both an essay and a pechakucha on Seattle and the crazy ones. Now you’ve heard about my essay, but not the pechakucha! I was put in a group with Susan, Sofia and Kadin. After intense discussion we decided our topic for the pechakucha. SUSTAINABILITY SOLUTIONS! now I won’t bore you too much with all of the learning we did. Making this pechakucha involved many debates about photos, Ms Willemses deciding that she no longer liked borders, and way too much memorization. But after all that it went really well!
here is a link to all of our research 🙂

Unfortunately two of my group members were not able to make it, so me and Sofia had to learn lines around an hour before we went on. I think that we did a very good job telling an impactful story, and a lot of the parents said it was very entertaining and interesting to watch. We held it together. I think that next time we should have practiced a lot more with the newer script, but there wasn’t much we could do as it was a last minute thing. Me individually, I think that I could have been more responsible with getting y portions of the script done faster, as well as helping a little more with the slides. But I think I also did a better job this time around of not taking the work and putting it all on my shoulders.

that is all for this project! Thank you for reading and if you are goginnto take one thing away from this post, it should be that the most bonding you will get with your class is the 30 minutes after watching madame Webb where you are trying to process what just happened.