Circus circuits

Hello everybody.

IT’S THE END OF THE LAST PROJECT OF SCIENCE!! I love science, so this is very sad. I kind of wish we would’ve done a project on astronomy, but this was really fun.

For the first keystone, we did a infographic on an energy source of our choice. I chose nuclear energy because I found it the most interesting out of the other ones. Nuclear energy uses a steam engine to get electricity, which goes to show just how important the invention of steam engines are.

I spent too much time making the design and background, and I did it before adding all the important information in, which was kind stupid. I’m happy with the way it turned out though.

There wasn’t really a second keystone. We just learned about series circuits and parallel circuits, volts, currents, and resistance. We had a practice of making the circuits for the board game before we started the real thing. I couldn’t get mine to work for some reason. While everyone had their’s working, I stood there trying to figure it out.

Final keystone is a operation board game. We each had to choose a theme of the board game. My first choice was to save the earth of asteroid impacts and aliens, but decided against it. My next idea was to save people from a nuclear bomb, but scrapped that idea as well. By now, it was the second or third day of making our games, and that’s when I finally had a new idea. This one is Among Us themed, and it’s where players have to save the crew mates from the imposter.

Our board game must have 5 operation spots, so I added five crew mates that need rescuing.

operation bord game

Below is the circuit that we used to make this function. The battery lies under the black tape next the the light.

Fun story. The light was suppose to be a red light, but one of its legs snapped off. I guess I blended the leg too much and it got weaker and weaker until it couldn’t hold itself together anymore. I went to try to find another red light, but the only colours that were left were green. There was no other choice except green.

I really enjoyed this project and making the board game. It’s sad that that was the last time I would ever have science with Ms. Kadi. She’s a great teacher. Can’t wait to see what science 10 has in store for me.