Media + Advertise

The Driving Question:

How does advertising persuade, sell, and influence society?

Advertising is something we see everyday in the world. It’s visible from billboards to commercials on TV. But every single ad has one of two goals in common. To convince the viewer to buy their product or persuade them to perform a certain action. Every successful ad has to somehow appeal to consumers and there are certain techniques that can do that. For example, a common technique could be a testimonial ad which would include a celebrity or an experienced professional in that area of specialty that would promote their advertisement to convince the viewers and potentially future-customers. Advertising influences society’s decisions on the kind of purchases you should make and how the producers claim that those products will benefit you. Unfortunately, there is sometimes a negative impact on advertising too. False advertising is a common re-occurrence on the media. Frequently, there are also many low quality products that are constantly being sold for cheap, that are lots of times made in factories in third world countries by minimum wage workers. However, there are sometimes positive affects of advertising too. If you look in the right place, you may find an eco-friendly, high quality, product that can lots of times support a good cause (e.g. cleaning up our local ocean). Next time you go shopping, be careful with your purchases!

My Advertisement:

It took many, many, drafts to get to this final product. Let me put it into perspective:

Resources that helped me continue to improve my advertisement:

Keystone 1: Advertising Survey with Paragraph:

Keystone 2: Persuasion Chart:

Design Principles Workbook:

Big thanks to has made it this far in my blog post. Have a good one!

Also, if you want to take a look at how my exhibition went, this is your ticket: https://www.blog44.ca/lucasa/2023/06/17/my-plp-spring-exhibition-experience-2023/