tPOL 2023- Transitional Presentation Of Learning 

POL Declaration:

“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I
am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.”

A Brief Introduction…

As for the end of every school year, calls for a tPOL. TPOLs are essentially a reflection of the school year and a list of reasons why you are ready to proceed to grade 9.

PGP- Learning Plan

Over the course of this year, I have accomplished my plans of being both an accomplished
and extending student in PLP. I accomplished this by making better learning habits like prioritizing my work ahead of entertainment, such as getting distracted with friends (which every once in a while happens) also another habit I have developed over the
pastcouplemonths is reading my work to myself out loud to determine whether it would make sense if I was presenting this to someone in real life, increasing my writing skills by expanding my vocabulary, lengthening my writing, and forming connections to the real world.

PLP- HUMANITIES 8

This year, I think I have proven myself as a excelling learner in humanities. At the start of the year I set my goal for this year as an extending learner and I have met that goal and hope to continue that performance throughout my 4 remaining years of PLP. Something I can build on form this year is to keep my text brief as at times, I tend to ramble. 

The Outsiders:

The Driving Question: “How does one’s  worldview shape how we make sense of the world?”.

The Outsiders was a book report we started in early to mid September with Mr. Harris. It was our first major assignment in humanities in which we read the book and were assigned one of six roles between the six of us each week.

📈Strengths: 

What did I do well?

• I met my goals of being an accomplished learner and even excelled to an extending learner in the assignments of The Outsiders.
  • I completed everything that was required of myself like assignments.
  • I enjoyed the book very much. I was engaged in the plot of the book and there was a great balance between action, drama, dialogue, etc.

📉Stretches:

What could I have done better?

• Since I enjoyed The Outsiders so much, I wanted to read through the book slowly so i didn’t miss any key details to the point where i handed assignments a couple hours late.
  • I really elaborated in my writing to the extreme. I should have kept the details more brief where i simply just stated the key facts and information.
  • I should have made more realistic and generic connections in the outsiders to the real world.

Make a GIF:

My Continental Drift GIF

The Driving Question: How does the composition of the ocean floor help support the theory of plate tectonics?

In mid May until early June, we created GIFs based on continental drift and sea floor spreading. All of the students tried to visually demonstrate these occurrences in their GIFs by using drawing apps like Sketches Pro and iMovie for video editing.

📈Strengths:

What did I do well?

• I spent a lot of time on the artwork and I think it really payed off in the end.
  • The GIF contains a thorough process of continental drift by not only stating the before and aftermath of continental drift but also the in between.
  • Lastly, as we were supposed to use as little as text in our GIFs as necessary, I decided to get creative and used the separation in puzzle pieces representing the separation in the continents.

📉Stretches:

What could I have done better?

• I think after this project is a good opportunity to upgrade my video editing skills on apps such as iMovie which is the app I used to combine the images create this GIF. 
  • Although the process of continental drift was decently clear, when I see this GIF, I want to make the transition from the before and aftermath smoother rather than the GIF being more similar to an active slideshow 

Overall, I think this school year has been a general success. I made goals for myself at the start of the school year and I have not only completed them, but I went beyond those learning goals. Although I have comprehensively met my all my goals, there is always room for growth going into grade 9. 

A few notes to self going into the next school year:

– Time Management

• Getting ahead on my projects to allow myself more time to make final touches and not rushing through to hand in an assignment that doesn’t represent the absolute best of my work.
  • Be more thorough when reviewing and turning in my assignments. For example, I should read through the criteria and make sure that going into that assignment I have a good idea on what I am supposed to do.
  • Make better use of the resources around me. For example, if I’m confused about something, don’t hesitate ask a friend or a teacher.

Anyway I think that’s a wrap for my tPOL so don’t forget to click on my blog if your interested in my school life. Thanks for reading my tPOL!