Summer stop, School start

As the new school year begins many new things start with it. New people to meet, new posts to write, and last but not least, new projects do with PLP. Today’s post is about one of those projects that were going to be getting into to help kickoff gr.10. During the first week of school everyone in the class was given a book. I was given the perks of being a wall flower.

The MOVIE cover of the book I will be reading.

With this book our first task is to predict what will happen in the book but throughout our whole first unit our driving question is “How do authors use text to teach us more about ourselves?” All we know so far is that the book is about a boy growing up named Charlie. Charlie is in high school and he can’t quite fit in. He I predict the book will be all about Charlie growing up physically and mentally and how he’s able to deal with different adversities or problems that come into his way. I predict that Charlie will find some friends as he grows as a person and start to feel more welcomed into his high school.

At this point in the project we have also read the first section or part of the book too. We made a short, one minute long video to represent the first section of the book. The video is comprised of three important scenes from this first section that we thought really represented it well.