Day In The Life Of A Science Teacher

On Take Your Kid To Work Day I had the honour of getting to watch my grade six science teacher teach! I got to watch and participate in PHE and help lead a science experiment in a lab! I have always loved teaching wether it be teaching my brother how to do something or teach little kids how to ride! This was a super fun experience and I am very grateful that I got to go and see what it is like to be a teacher. 

I learned a lot about what it is like to be a teacher. From having prep blocks to making your lessons or creating labs and worksheets to fill out! I also learnt about how he used Prezi to create interesting and unique slides. One of the last things that I learnt that I will talk about is the strategy he uses to make sure that his students remember stuff from the lesson. His strategy is to assign homework after every class that is 9 questions about the key ideas y learnt about the homework is due the next class which is the next day, then they review it and everyone will have had to think more about  lesson!

Now that I have talked about the day itself lets talk about the video and what went into making it. Before the actual take your kid to work day happened we had to create a plan by writing down what are video was going to look like and setting a plan much like the teachers prep block we were planning for a video! I had fun Making this video but my biggest challenge was that I was unable to film on the location because it is a private school so I could not film. This made it a lot harder to make the video because I had to find a different way of getting the same story across I also could not film the teacher so I had to write down his response and then make a voice recording of me saying his responses. Overall I think the video came out pretty good under the circumstances, next time I would want to try and chose a place where I could do more filming on site and have a videoed interview. 

Here is My YouTube Video:

Overall I had a lot of fun and in the future I would want to go with a vet like I had originally planned. I am so grateful to have had this experience I had a lot of fun and I learned a lot about being a teacher. 

Thank you so much for reading my blog for more content you can head over to my YouTube channel @Meghanw280! Have a great day!