Radical Innovations That Changed OUR World

This is how I represented what we learned about the Renaissance.

Historical Explanation

PAR: To explain my ideas that I put in my triptych to the world Ideas from Europe and Asia changed the world.

by making life more efficient and organized because of the Renaissance innovations such as clocks, medical innovations, and printing press.

The ideas from the Renaissance changed the Renaissance world by welcoming new innovations that lead to making their life’s easier. Ideas such as clocks, medical innovations, printing press, changes in philosophy, and new art. The clock was first developed in China but then German innovators created mechanical systems that made it smaller and easier. The clock allowed for a more accurate way to tell the time. Unlike the sun dial the clock could work at night so it lasted longer and can work at any time. Next the medical innovations, there were many different innovations but some of the more important ones were medical books, university’s, and clinics. Having the medical knowledge and the printing press allowed for medical books to be a thing which made knowledge easier to access and diseases easier to fight. Now for the printing press this was probably one of the most important innovations because it allowed for Martin Luther to fight back, medical books to be made, and books. The printing press also allowed for news to spread easier with news paper which made people a lot more aware of what was going on in the world. Changes in philosophy rather than focusing on religion they focused on new ways to improve society by building off of the innovations and creating new innovations. With the new philosophy came new art styles rather than drawing angels and god they drew portraits and landscapes. Overall the Renaissance innovations were a gateway for other innovations and for inventors to help improve the world and make it more efficient.

The traditional ideas that people had before the Renaissance include sundials, curved glass, Religious art, focusing on religion, and hand written notes. For centuries people tried and tried again to find a way to accurately tell time one of those ways was a sundial. The sundial would tell the time by using the sun to project the shadows on different notches in the flat stone. The sun dial was a good start however it wasn’t reliable or precise, also it cannot work during the night. Curved glass is the base of glasses except the people would have just the glass piece and they would hold one piece up to their eye. The only downside of this was that they were a hassle to hold and you only had one, they could cut you, and last they would let people see so they were really rare and expensive. Because the world was focused on religion so was the art. When you like at the art pieces from before the Renaissance you will most likely find the same things Heaven, Hell, angels, god, demons, people, etc. Art was also not a big thing back then because people did not have a lot of time to do that. Like I mentioned in the last sentences their philosophy was based off of religion. For example people would do things and spend money on ceremonies or documents because if they didn’t they would go to hell. The Church and other religions had a lot of power over their followers because people did not have the knowledge so they did not know what was true. Lastly before the printing press and printer people would have monks our servants write hand written notes with ink and a quill. Paper was not commonly used so it was mostly upper class that would have people write it for them or record meetings or ceremonies. Overall I think that all of these inventions had their highs and their weaknesses however if you were upper class these inventions and ideas would be better.

The new ideas in the Renaissance changed my world toady by improving on the past inventions to continue to reach the goal of a more organized and efficient life. Ideas such as cameras, books, medical university’s and online websites wth info, and modern art. By continuing to improve with the lenses innovators found a way to make cameras and now we have all different types of cameras and different types of lenses that are used for different things. Some examples are underwater cameras help marine biologists and they had to create a special lens than there are the space rovers which needed a very strong lenses. Thanks to the printing press we now have printers that give us books and book are used in so many different ways. For example books help spread knowledge, they entertain us, and they can be used to share a story or a talent. Nowadays we also have universities on medical schools which allows for more doctors and more researchers to help us with diseases from cancer all the way down to the flu. We even have websites where you can search up different symptoms or medication that you can take if you have a certain sickness. Lastly modern art is now more abstract. Modern art is a mix of everything from landscapes, to portraits of animals and humans, all the way down to just colours that have been put together and shaded or painted on top of each other in funky ways. Art is a lot more free and open. Overall the improvements on the innovations of the Renaissance have changed our lives significantly and making them a more efficient and healthier place.

In conclusion the ideas from Europe and Asia opened a whole new door to innovations that change our lives significantly by making them more efficient and organized. Our lives now depend on these innovations because we have used them to change the perspective on things. The ideas have helped to spread knowledge wether it be through books or online and they have helped to make us more organized with clocks.

For The triptych I used Superimpose x to Photo shop the images. I decided to focus on the most important inventions like the printing press but then I also decided to do my favourite like for example instead of adding modern glasses or contacts for lenses I chose to do a camera because I love photography. I learned all about the Renaissance and how the different ways of thinking and inventions changed over time and continue to change and evolve. The ideas back then have significantly changed our world for the better. Something that will stick with me forever that I have learned is that so many of the items and objects that I use everyday were improvements from one era that decided to change the world in philosophy and testing the boundaries of innovating. My favourite part of this project was definitely photoshopping and creating the triptych because it was very relaxing and fun to let my creativity flow. The hardest part of my least favourite part of the project was writing a historical explanation because there was so much information to fit into one paragraph so I had to break it down. I really Enjoyed this project and I hope to be using superimpose again for another project.

Exploring The World Of Drawing: Book Edititon

In class we have been learning how to use different techniques and tools on sketches pro to build our drawing skills. It was so fun to be able to doodle and draw. My favourite activity that we did was the robot because I love to shade. In the book you will find all of my activity drawings such as robots and emojis. You will also see some cute dogs along the way. Enjoy the book!

Meghan

mPOL

mPOL PLP Reflection 

Welcome back to my blog post! Today I am going to be reflecting on my work and classes so far this year. I will be answering the two driving questions of mPOL and reflecting on Maker and Humanities. How have I demonstrated growth as a learner so far this year? I think I have demonstrated growth as a learner because I have been able to understand the assignments. I think I have been growing as a learner because I have extending in all my classes. How can I sharpen my Learning Plan to ensure I will reach my learning targets by the end of this school year? I feel like I have been meeting my learning plan by getting the work done on time unless I am sick and I have been meeting my expectations by getting extending which is the goal I set for myself. I feel like I do not need to sharpen my learning plan because I am meeting my goals and am happy with the style of learning I am doing. 

Humanities Reflection

Now to talk about Humanities. I really enjoyed this course because I love history. I am the most proud of my middle ages project because I feel that I made a really  easy to use and pleasing to the eye slide show. The project that I would want to improve on is my outsiders project because I feel that it could have been more detailed however I got a extending so I am still happy with it. The work I did this semester met my standers and I am very proud of the hard work I put in. 

Maker Reflection

Lastly lets talk about Maker. I also enjoyed my maker because I love working with my hands to produce work. I am the most proud of my Pandora’s box because I did not have a lot of time to do it unlike the rest of my class and it still turned out great so I am very proud of it. The only thing I would do differently next time would be to not get sick so that I could have more time to prepare. The work I did to this semester met my standers and I am very proud of the end result and the fun of the exhibition.

WINTER EXHIBITION 2022🥳

During Maker we focused on The driving question “What does James Cameron’s fantasy world of “Avatar” Reveal about our own society?”. To show our answer to this question we created boxes that had to do with the different problems in the movie. We then showcased our boxes publicly at our school. 

The hardest part for me was creating my project in three days. The reason I only had three days to do it was because I was very sick the week before the exhibition which did not help at all. I had too finish on the weekend so I had to change my plans a lot and make the design simple yet capable of showing the point I am trying to get across. 

The easiest part for me was the presenting at the exhibition because I love to present my work. I used to present a lot of slide shows and so I am very comfortable with presenting my work. I love to talk to people and to see that lightbulb moment in their heads when they see the work and relate it to what I’m talking about. I also love to hear their questions. This was also my favourite part of the whole unit.

If I could go back and change something I would have more time to work on my box so that it could look more detailed. That is the only thing I would change because otherwise I think the exhibition and the project was really fun and enjoyable. 

Overall I had lots of fun on this project and I can’t wait for the next exhibition!

Humanities Reflection

Humanities Reflection

During Humanities we talked about the Middle Ages. We talked about the Dark ages and how the power impacted peoples lives. We also talked about the Crusades. 

The Middle Ages and the Crusades projects relate to the driving question which was: “How did the quest for power impact peoples lives”  My answer to this is that the quest for power destroyed people and the cities. It affected everyone even the people who had power and were wanting more. I came to this conclusion from evaluating the knowledge I have learned. One reason is that In the Middle Ages the Church had power over everyone and it was miserable because there were so many wars between the nobles. Another reason why it ruined everyone’s lives was because the peasants were treated horribly and had no life. The quest for power between the Christian’s and the Muslims lasted over 200 years with 9 wars where so many people died. They even had a children’s war which was the most horrendous and selfish war. In conclusion my answer to the driving question is that the quest for power ruined and destroyed everyday life in the Middle Ages. 

In terms of the actual projects or keynotes that I made I think I did really good. I think that I made a well organized, knowledgeable, and good looking slideshow for the Middle Ages project. Something that I can work on in the future is taking notes. It can help if I take notes so that I can just refer to those instead of going through the road map trying to find work. Lastly, what is something I would do differently next time. If I were to do this project again I would spend more time on the crusades slide show because I did not have a lot of time to work on it due to being sick so I would add more information. 

In conclusion I really enjoyed this Middle Ages Project and I am very proud of myself. Continue reading Humanities Reflection

Reflection On Photography

In this post I will be reflecting on my making better images sector by answering two questions How can I use still image to create and communicate through technology. The other question is what are three skills you found useful and why. 

First I will answer the driving question: How can I use still image to create and communicate through technology? I think that when you use filters and different angles it can communicate different things. For example when you use a monochrome filter and take a photo on a rainy day it can give you the emotion or make your mind think of a story that has to do with sadness. Same goes for when you use different angles. When you use angles or even just taking a photo inside an object can make it look grand and may bring back happy or adventurous story’s. 

Here are my photos:

Now I will answer the other question which is “what are three skill you found useful and why?” 

The first skill that I found very useful was using the filters. I feel like using the filters can make your photos so much more abstract and meaningful. The second skill I found very useful is using different angles because it can play with the viewers mind because it can make small things look huge or make you focus on the small parts of the big things. Lastly, my third skill was playing with the lighting. When you use the camera app you can play with the contrast but you can also use natural lighting. Using the lighting I could make silhouette’s which looked very cool. All three skills helped me grow as a photographer. 

Reflection On “What I Geek Out About”

Reflection

Overall I think my blogging process went really well and I enjoyed it. I think the page I wrote was definitely different from the others because the two posts were about something that I care about and that I am passionate about so it was easier for me to write. I felt like I was writing for people who wanted to now more about horses and it also felt like I was writing another about me page because horses are such a big part of my life. I really enjoyed writing this page because I am so passionate about horses so it was really fun. By doing this blog I learned how fun blogging can be. The hardest part for me was not making it like an essay l0ng because I have so much to say about horses that it is hard to condense into a couple of paragraphs. The easiest part for me was definitely writing it because I have so much to say so I never got bored or stuck. I would love to post to my blog however I may not have a lot of time to do it. I would love to post more because like I have mentioned I love horses so it is really fun to share that love online and teach people about them. 

The Big Question

Hi everyone in this post I will be answering the big question: Who am I as a PLP Learner?

If you didn’t already read the about me page then you would know that I am a proud member of PLP, but who am I as a PLP learner was the big question that what have been talking about in maker. To find this out we did many activities such as the Big Life Journal and a User Manual which will both feature in this post. For starters we are going to talk about my User Manual because it has a lot to do with the answer of this question.

As you can see in this screen clip of my User Manual I am a very excitable yet focused learner which yes is an oxymoron however I can be very focused on my work yet when I’m not working I am very bubbly and social.

This is my WordPack it shows all the different things that make up who I am. For example I am a social person which is very food in PLP because you work with your classmates a lot and are part of a team in every project.

Last but not least I am showing you a screen clip from my BLJ also know as Big Life Journal. This is a task where we had to circle what we enjoyed doing. I chose things like organizing, creating, and Challenging myself which are all things that make up who I am as a PLP learner.

In conclusion I think that the answer to who am I as a PLP student is that, I am social, collaborative, and excited to get hands on and work with others. There is so much that makes up my academic side of my life and those are just a few. Thank you for reading this, have a nice day.

Hello world!

Hello fello humans. Have you ever wondered what todays kids are learning in school today, well your in luck because you can think of this blog like it is that hidden door covered with vines in the forest. You open the door and Voila you have entered the magical world of learning aka My howling Wulff. This howling wulff is howling at there teacher and you to read my blog and see my learning.