Rise Of The Frankenstuffies 2024

Have you ever had a project start with ripping limbs from stuffies to combine them into a frankenstuffie? Well I have and I’m here to tell you all about it. 

Welcome back to my blog, today we are going to be talking about my latest project, Rise of the Frankenstuffies. The driving question for this project was “How do we make our messages clear and engaging to an audience”.  In this blog you will learn all about my answer to the driving question and the project. 

The Project

The first day of this project we all brought in 2-3 stuffies and chose which one you wanted to be the base. Then we used scissors and thread to cut off limbs from different stuffies and sew them onto the base stuffie you chose. We didn’t have time to draw out or sketch a plan it was just making an idea on the spot and start cutting. I brought in a lamb stuffie from the dollar store and when I saw a big white puppy stuffie I had a great idea to replace the front legs with my lambs front legs. Instead of explaining the process of creating the stuffie we made videos of the creation so here is my stuffie documentary:

After we created our stuffies we talked about creating characters and we sketched out a character file. My idea with Lilly is that she is a sweet animal with big ambitions. To find out more about her read her character file here:

I think that writing the character file was one of the harder parts of this project because there was so many questions and I was a very detailed intro to their life. It is a lot more then just there faviroute colour, there is like the salary, there values, and beliefs. After we had a good understanding of the charachter we created a story by using a Hero’s Journey  outline we created a story! This was one of the hardest parts of the project because there was a lot to write and figure out. 

Here is my Hero’s Journey Outline:

We weren’t just ripping apart stuffies and creating charchters we were also doing a novel study on Leviathan. Every week we had to read 10 chapters and on Wednesday we did a quiz on what we learned. We also had reading groups where we each came prepared with two closed questions and an open question. Overall I thought that Leviathan was a good book, however I very much disliked how the book ended. Don’t worry I wont spoil in case you want to read it. 

Here is my form that I filled out every week with questions:

After the Novel Study we started creating story boards. This part was very fun but time consuming because drawing takes a long time. I’m also not the best at drawing so that also made it hard. 

This is my storyboard:

After the storyboard we started our videos! The making of the videos was probably the hardest part because we had to bring the story board to life and make it look like a put together story. The app I chose was Keynote because of the create a path animation which made it very easy to move around my character and bring the story to life. I also used IMovie for the final edits such as cropping parts, cutting certain parts out, and adding voiceover. My first draft was the whole video with no sound and limited explanation. Once I was done adding sound I was able to move on doing dome final touches before submitting my final draft. 

Here is the final product:

After watching my video if you wouldn’t mind leaving a comment on my padlet here :

Made with Padlet

I would really appreciate it so thank you very much if you do!

The Driving Question 

“How do we make our messages clear and engaging to an audience?”. I think we can make our messages clear and engaging by having a entertaining theme, good media, and a engaging story structure. 

Overall this project was very fun and very unique to PLP. I am looking forward to our next project and to tell you all about it. As always thanks for reading my blog I hope you have a great day!