It was exhilarating to finally be back in the school for an in person exhibition. All the chaos definitely gets you into focus. Now it’s time to look back on the project and reflect on what I learned.

The driving question for this project was how do we decide what events are worth remembering. At first I wasn’t sure how this project would reflect the driving question. As we dug deeper into it I quickly learned it reflected the driving question by giving an example of an event worth remembering and then providing the evidence to support it. What I mean by this is how we learned about the Chicago MET lab. Mr Hughes didn’t just tell us the place was important, he gave us evidence to support it. I got a chance to demonstrate this when I provided the evidence to support the idea that my art piece represented something historically significant. I couldn’t just say that my art represented a historically significant idea. I had to “Prove it” using outside resources and knowledge from class. 

Another major part of this project were other blog posts we had to write. These weren’t the traditional reflective PLP blog posts. Instead these blog posts helped me organize and layout the ideas I had in craft (our note taking app) and in my head. Without writing these posts it would all be one big jumble of information and I think that my final project would be much less clear. The posts almost were away to link all my ideas in one clear essay instead of just the linking features in craft. 

My favourite part of this project was our field trip to downtown Vancouver. On this trip I got to visit 2 art galleries. One of the art gallery’s just focus on conceptual art and the other had a yoko ono exhibit. I think the best part of the school field trips were they way they helped inspire my final art piece. By looking at which art pieces were both interesting and eye catching it helped me narrow down my own ideas for what conceptual art I would create. 

Reflecting on the exhibition I am impressed at how many different skills we had to use to get our ideas out to the visitors. I felt that during the exhibition my room really demonstrated great

teamwork skills. I think the biggest reason for this was because of how well we communicated with each other. Holly and Ciara took on the leadership role and all our other group members played off their individual strengths to create one of the most organized and best looking rooms in my opinion (although I may be biased). I think this project also did a great job at combing all the best aspects of past PLP exhibitions and projects. Although I would have liked me time to design and build our art exhibit room. We had to use our writing, speaking and creating skills all at the same time to be able to present our conceptual art pieces. I loved having many smaller mediums of work to get done then one giant essay, podcast or video. 

So did all my learning about conceptual art make me it’s biggest supporter. No. Conceptual art is not something I would pay for. Throughout the project I did gain more respect for some conceptual art pieces, but on a whole I still think that 99% of conceptual art is just random shapes and colours. Despite that this project was very interesting and I felt so good after putting on a successful exhibition. I can’t wait to see what we do next.