Becoming a PLP learner

So far this year in maker we’ve been working on a project called Becoming a PLP Learner. The driving question for this project was “How can I build and strengthen the PLP learning team?” And in order to answer that we had to learn more about ourselves and how we work in a team.

For this project in order to learn more about ourselves we were doing a set of workbooks called Big Life Journal. The Big Life Journal helped us learn more about ourselves as a learner and as a person. In this project we also did another blog post about a team member contract. In that blog post it included how we work in a team and as a team member. In order to learn how we work in a team we had to do some team challenges during the year so far. Those challenges included making spaghetti tower, stacking cups with some string, and trying to build the best tinfoil boat. After those challenges we had to write a reflection on how we did as a team member. Another piece of learning we did was a physical representation. For this we had a bucket with some craft supplies in it and had to make something that represented us and how we work in a team. My favourite one of all of these would have to be the Big Life Journal. This is my favourite because I definitely learner more about myself and had to really think for some of the answers, I also got to learn more about myself and my interests and learn some things about myself that I didn’t know before.

For this project as a presentation of our learning we had a public exhibition. During this exhibition we had to dress up, have a theme for our table group, prepare for what we’re going to say, make and perfect a keynote presentation and present in front of our parents and other parents. For my group’s them we picked a halloween theme with halloween decorations on the table with a black table cloth. For my group’s costumes we were wearing black pants with orange shirts. The orange representing joy, and black representing sophistication, also they were halloween colours. For the preparations I prepared by practicing at home and at school the day of the exhibition. For the keynote presentation we had to have a section for my team member contract, physical representation, big life journal, and one other choice. For my one other choice I did an about me section. My favourite part about this exhibition was the real life audience (parents and classmates parents). One thing I could work on in this exhibition was talking a little bit slower and and louder so I could be heard better through the mask.