Harambe, Stop Monkeying Around!

Have you ever ripped the head off a stuffie, like Sid from toy story? I have, 3/10 would not massacre again.

Anyways, welcome back, or to, my blog. This post specifically is about my most recent humanities project, Rise of the Frankenstuffies.

Anyways, considering this is a “reflective post” let’s get on that reflection part.

This project spanned quite a few things, just like my most recent winter exhibition post, which you can check out here. To get into specifics, we worked on technical writing, story writing, book reviews, and filming.

This project has been tedious, but not as bare knuckle stressful as some other projects. That being said, it definitely didn’t help that this project was happening at the same time as DI, which you can check out here. The material itself wasn’t too difficult to consume, and it wasn’t super homework heavy.

Now it’s time to reflect on the actual material, and not how difficult it was.

This project can be split into two parts, the story writing, and story reflection.

The story reflection focuses on one book, “Leviathan” by Scott Westerfield. We had little comprehension quizzes after every 10 chapters, and at the end, we wrote a paragraph on what we thought the theme of “Leviathan.” Which I thought was “Fate has the power to save or destroy the world.”

Next is the the story writing, which I guess could also be story filming, but I’ll get to that in a minute. We started with some technical writing, as mentioned earlier, then moved to some basics about the hero’s journey/circle, which I had an interesting time with, seeing as my story is quite random. After that, we picked a section from the hero’s journey, and went on to writing a short story about said hero’s journey. I am somewhat happy with my story, but the plot is quite incoherent, but that also adds a bit of a charm in my opinion, which makes it a double edged sword. 

And if you’re seeing this from the QR code in the big PLP room, here’s the link to my padlet, and here’s the video itself.

Thanks for reading!