Hey welcome back to my blog, in this post I’m going to be talking about the scimatics project that I have been working on for the past couple months. For this project we had to create a coded game or simulator which had to include particle movement, states of matter, and some of our atomic models that we made and researched about. But it was mainly about kinetic molecular theory and atomic theory. Our driving question for this project was “ how can the behaviour of matter be explained by the kinetic molecular theory and the atomic theory?” In the end our coded games or simulators had to have this theory in mind.

At the very start of all of our projects in scimatics, we have to make a mind map. This is where you write down any questions about the project and what we will learn during it. So for this project we wrote down questions like, what software we would use to code? What are atoms and molecules? And more general questions. Then at the end of the project we go back to our original mind maps and answer the questions with the new knowledge that we learned. This is my mind map. ⬇️

My curricular competencies 

Questioning and predicting: Demonstrate a sustained curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest.

Throughout this project I showed this curricular competency by learning lots of new things and applying it to my final project. I showed personal interest in this project because I had never done coding before and I love games so it was interesting to learn how people can create them and I even created my own one. I used my time and effort to learn how to make a simulator even though it was very hard for me to code  because I had no idea how to do it at the start of this project.

Reasoning and analyzing: Use logic and patterns (including coding) to solve puzzles and play Games.

In this project I felt that my simulator was clear and easy to use and understand. I know that I could definitely improved and added more things to my simulator but know I know to do better in that for the future. I thought that my simulator was a solid creation though for my first time ever coding. Everything ran well and there wasn’t any glitches or things that didn’t work correctly.

Scientific communication: Communicate ideas, findings, and solutions to problems using scientific language, representations, and digital technologies.

I put all particle movement and states of matter into my project accurately, I could’ve definitely added more models into my simulator but over all in this project I think I did a solid job and throughout it all it was fun to learn new things that I could apply in the future. Thanks for reading!

This is my simulator that I created, feel free to check it out!

My simulator!