Geek Out

A Basic Guide of Tetris

I will start off by saying if you don’t know what Tetris is I want to know how, because for me Tetris was a huge part of my childhood. I was never very good at it, but I was good enough to get to level 5 at least. I bet you’re asking yourself, wait there are levels? Yes dear reader there are levels. They go up to 10. Well they do in the original Tetris for the NES which is one I am talking about. You advance levels every 10 points. You get points by destroying layers. You destroy layers by placing the coloured shapes that fall from the top of your screen, into a row. Every level up the coloured blocks turn different colours and fall faster. If you beat level 10 you see a castle, but I’ve never actually gotten there. You can customize the music between 4 options 3 music one no music. You can also customize which level you start on from 0-9.

That is pretty much the only stuff you need to know.

The 7 Best and Worst Things of Tetris my Opinion

Some things I love and find annoying about Tetris. 

1. There are only 3 types of music. It’s good music but I wish there were more choices.
  2. I like how the game speeds up after every level-up. It gives the game more of a challenge and more fun.
  3. Being able to choose the difficulty you start on. You can start faster or slower depending on your skill level.
  4. I like the colour change every level because it gives your eyes a brake from old colours.
  5. I don’t like the game over screen because it doesn’t say game over a metal sheet just slides down the screen I find that boring.
  6. The only time I have ever seen the game is at my grandads house because he has a NES and Tetris 99 witch is too expensive for me.
  7. I love the game it is amazing because of the simplicity of the game.

This is all my opinion.

Today I Will be Reflecting on my Blog.

I think the blogging process went well I came up with a topic relatively quick and typed up two posts with at least 150 words. This blog was different because I had to write at least 150 words. I thought I was writing for a different audience, one that would enjoy this post. That effected my writing because I wanted to produce this to the best of my ability. I enjoyed writing this blog because I was writing about y so thig I enjoyed, as the saying goes if you love your job you never work a day in your life. I think the hardest part of creating this blog was coming up with a topic because I have a lot of interesting things to talk about. The easiest part of the blog was writing about the topic because writing about something that you like is quite easy. I might continue posting on my blog if I find the time, this was for a school assignment.