Chemistry Coding!

Hey guys, welcome back to my blog! Today I’ll be talking about my most recent Scimatics project, Chemistry Coding. This project was really interesting to me, because I already know my way around coding with Scratch, and thoroughly enjoy it.

At the start of the project, as per usual, we made a Mindnode, which we completed at the end of the project. Here’s mine:

Here are my core competencies:

Questioning and predicting: Demonstrate a sustained curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest.

I think I did well on this competency. I demonstrated it by going deeper in my Scratch game, by adding things like Scratch plugins, allowing my game to involve different concepts outside of simple buttons and clickers. Another way I showed this competency was in the assignment where we drew diagrams of molecules/atoms, where I put effort into my drawings and researched the information I needed.

Scientific Communication: Communicate ideas, findings, and solutions to problems using scientific language, representations, and digital technologies.

I think I did really well in this competency. One piece of evidence of this is the “What is this?” page on my Scratch project, which used scientific language to explain a few simple concepts that were included in my game.

Reasoning and Analyzing: Use logic and patterns to solve puzzles and play games.

I think I decently extended on this competency. My reasoning for this is that I added the Scratch plugin and included motion sensing on my game, and went far deeper on the coding aspect of this project than was necessary. You can see evidence of this in my actual game, which is embedded in this blog post.

Thanks for reading!