DI also known as destination imagination, is a competition that multiple schools all around the world compete in every year. Pretty much what it is, in my case a group of six people are assigned a category there is technical, fine arts, scientific (what my group did) and engineering. Each group has a different challenge and strict rules to follow wile doing it. In my case, I had scientific and we had to make a video with a documentary type style. The things that we had to include are: the video had to tell a story about a scientific law being bent or broken, it shows how it is bent or broken, it has to include a expert and a witness, documentary style filming techniques and has to present two team choice elements* that show off the team’s interests.

That isn’t the only thing that we had to do, we had to make props, a story and a script (which took a LONG time). Why you might ask, it’s because we always knew we could do better and the teachers knew that two when ever we presented to them. So we kept restarting until we had it to the best we could. Before i show you the final video there are some other things that we had to do before even filming. Those things are forms, lots and lots of forms that we had to fill out. Also we did practices and a final instant challenge. A instant challenge is something that you usually only have around 10 minutes to think about but this year we got a whole day if I’m not mistaken. The people judging give you a challenge on the spot and you and your team have to do it. It can be anywhere form building a bridge with a set amount of materials to making a presentation about a country that you have to make up. You are probably eager to know what my groups was about, bit I’m not allowed saying anything about it because we don’t want people to know what we did.

Now the final challenge video is a different story because we already sent it to the judges and cant change anything. So here is my teams final video.

In conclusion, my sister told me a lot about DI before we even started it, I even saw her perform her’s 3 times over the years and I always thought that it would be fun. And now I know that it really is

*two aspects that aren’t chosen by the organizers, but are chosen by the team them self.