Destination Procrastination

A blog for kids who can’t read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

COVID On The Line Podcast – Taiwan

For this project we had to research a country and find out their political stance, what they believe in, and how the government works. We then had to research how they have been impacted by and how they have responded to COVID-19. The idea was to compare how different governments responded to COVID-19 and see…

Continue Reading

People’s Podcast Blog Post

In this post I am going to be talking about our minority project where we explored our driving question, “How did lives and conditions change and stay the same for Canadians after WWII?” from the perspective of minorities in Canada. Through using literacy skills of research and reflection, we identified continuity and change for minority…

Continue Reading

Romeo and Juliet – A Parody

For this unit we took a little bit of a look at Shakespeare’s play, Romeo and Juliet. To start off we took a look at Shakespeare’s life and what made him a good writer. We learned about how he came to London, started his playhouse, and wrote his plays. I thought this part of our…

Continue Reading

TWIL #3 for Romeo and Juliet

This week we went over in more detail a few things in the play: Romeo and Juliet getting married, and the two murders. I want to talk about the two murders because that is what I did my creative artifact on this week. So what happened was Mercutio and Tybalt got in an argument and…

Continue Reading

TWIL#2 for Romeo and Juliet

So this week I learned about Act 2 of Romeo and Juliet. I don’t know what it was like back then but they fell in and out of love like crazy! Let me explain. So at the end of Act One, Romeo went to a party for only one reason, to see Madeline. At the…

Continue Reading

TWIL #1 for Romeo and Juliet

We are starting a new unit in Humanities 10 studying Shakespeare’s play Romeo and Juliet. We are going to be posting once a week at the end of the week about what we learned (This Week I Learned or TWIL). So this is my first TWIL post. I must admit that at the beginning of…

Continue Reading

Salt to the Sea

The unit that we just completed was a study of World War II (WWII) through our driving question: How do stories of survival deepen our understanding of WWII? We started by doing research on some of the main battles in the war such as The Battle of Britain, Dunkirk, and Battle of the Atlantic. We…

Continue Reading

Poetry Post

In our poetry unit we read a lot of poems to get a basic idea of what poems are and what makes up a poem. We started defining poetry terms by reading poems and highlighting examples of those terms that we could identify in the poem. This was done in preparation for our poetry test,…

Continue Reading

Hitler: How to Deceive a Nation

The interwar years was the 20 year period that happened in between the First and Second World Wars. A lot of stuff happened around the world in this period, from my topic, the rise of Hitler, to the rise of Mussolini, the rise of the Soviet Union, the rise of Japan, the stock market crash,…

Continue Reading

Spring Exhibition – the sky’s the limit

For this blog post I’m going to be talking about our Spring Exhibition. At the Exhibition, we present our final project in PLP for the year, so it is a big weight to get off your shoulders when it is done, but it is also my favourite project of the year. Each year we finish…

Continue Reading

1 2 3 5