Destination Procrastination

A blog for kids who can’t read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

Poetry Post

In our poetry unit we read a lot of poems to get a basic idea of what poems are and what makes up a poem. We started defining poetry terms by reading poems and highlighting examples of those terms that we could identify in the poem. This was done in preparation for our poetry test,…

Continue Reading

Hitler: How to Deceive a Nation

The interwar years was the 20 year period that happened in between the First and Second World Wars. A lot of stuff happened around the world in this period, from my topic, the rise of Hitler, to the rise of Mussolini, the rise of the Soviet Union, the rise of Japan, the stock market crash,…

Continue Reading

Spring Exhibition – the sky’s the limit

For this blog post I’m going to be talking about our Spring Exhibition. At the Exhibition, we present our final project in PLP for the year, so it is a big weight to get off your shoulders when it is done, but it is also my favourite project of the year. Each year we finish…

Continue Reading

The Great War, which wasn’t really so great.

For our final term and our final project in Humanities, we were researching World War I (WWI). This is right up my alley as I find military history really interesting. I like to hear the motives behind the conflicts, and hear all of the stories of what actually happened. As the quote attributed to writer and…

Continue Reading

tPOL, or how I think I did this year

Today I’ll be talking about my tPOL. TPOL stands for Transitional Presentation of Learning, so transitioning into the next grade. This is the last Presentation Of Learning for the year. I am going to talk about my learning this year, what I think can help me for next year, what I need to change, and then…

Continue Reading

PGP

This year we had a new class added called PGP. It stands for Performance Growth Plan and it shows us how to handle all our projects or even everyday life. How to better time manage them, and how to get our work done on time and make our work even better. Throughout this class we…

Continue Reading

Clone Army: Rise of the Garlic

For this unit in Scimatics we learned about mitosis and cells. From watching a bunch of Khan Academy videos, we learned that mitosis is how plants grow by asexual reproduction. With plants you don’t need a male and a female, unlike with people. Mitosis is the process in plants where cells can copy themselves and…

Continue Reading

Charge!!!!!!!!

In Humanities we have been learning about Canada in the 1800’s when our nation was being built. We learned about Canada’s history though watching Heritage Minutes. In PLP if you see something in class, you are probably going to be doing it. So, what is a Heritage Minute? It is actually a video of historic…

Continue Reading

Workplace Safety (or how to make Grade 9’s squirm and cover their eyes)

Since some students are old enough to start working when they are in Grade 9, we are learning about workplace safety so we can keep ourselves safe and have something to put on our otherwise very blank resume. In B.C. there are a lot of injuries that happen with young workers. 34 workers are injured…

Continue Reading

What is the matter with matter?

Currently in Scimatics, we have been learning about different matter cycles. A matter cycle is where matter (water, and nutrients like carbon, phosphorous and nitrogen) cycle through and are repurposed in nature. These cycles can be unbalanced by taking too much out of the cycle, or polluting the matter in the cycle, which is mostly…

Continue Reading

1 2 3 5