Destination Procrastination

A blog for kids who can’t read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

Feminism and Shakespeare

Throughout this course we were trying to answer our driving question “How can we use Shakespeare’s ‘The Taming of the Shrew’ to understand how much yet how little has changed for women?” culminating in a final essay using our research and discussions.  We explored different texts, from historical essays and history text books to more…

Continue Reading

1

Walking through Deep Cove History

For this project we worked closely with the Deep Cove Historical Society, which is the group that has studied the history of the Deep Cove area, where our school is located. We worked closely with Jim from the Society to assist in translating their printed material to an online format so more people would be…

Continue Reading

Call to Action – Sustainability and moo

For this project we were heavily focused on the environment and environmental goals for keeping the planet clean, and finding new ways of thinking and obtaining clean energy that does not affect the planet. A lot of our research and discussions were centered around the Paris agreement, where there was an international meeting about how…

Continue Reading

COVID On The Line Podcast – Taiwan

For this project we had to research a country and find out their political stance, what they believe in, and how the government works. We then had to research how they have been impacted by and how they have responded to COVID-19. The idea was to compare how different governments responded to COVID-19 and see…

Continue Reading

People’s Podcast Blog Post

In this post I am going to be talking about our minority project where we explored our driving question, “How did lives and conditions change and stay the same for Canadians after WWII?” from the perspective of minorities in Canada. Through using literacy skills of research and reflection, we identified continuity and change for minority…

Continue Reading

Romeo and Juliet – A Parody

For this unit we took a little bit of a look at Shakespeare’s play, Romeo and Juliet. To start off we took a look at Shakespeare’s life and what made him a good writer. We learned about how he came to London, started his playhouse, and wrote his plays. I thought this part of our…

Continue Reading

TWIL #3 for Romeo and Juliet

This week we went over in more detail a few things in the play: Romeo and Juliet getting married, and the two murders. I want to talk about the two murders because that is what I did my creative artifact on this week. So what happened was Mercutio and Tybalt got in an argument and…

Continue Reading

TWIL#2 for Romeo and Juliet

So this week I learned about Act 2 of Romeo and Juliet. I don’t know what it was like back then but they fell in and out of love like crazy! Let me explain. So at the end of Act One, Romeo went to a party for only one reason, to see Madeline. At the…

Continue Reading

TWIL #1 for Romeo and Juliet

We are starting a new unit in Humanities 10 studying Shakespeare’s play Romeo and Juliet. We are going to be posting once a week at the end of the week about what we learned (This Week I Learned or TWIL). So this is my first TWIL post. I must admit that at the beginning of…

Continue Reading

Salt to the Sea

The unit that we just completed was a study of World War II (WWII) through our driving question: How do stories of survival deepen our understanding of WWII? We started by doing research on some of the main battles in the war such as The Battle of Britain, Dunkirk, and Battle of the Atlantic. We…

Continue Reading

1 2 3 6