Destination Procrastination

A blog for kids who can’t read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

TWIL #3 for Romeo and Juliet

This week we went over in more detail a few things in the play: Romeo and Juliet getting married, and the two murders. I want to talk about the two murders because that is what I did my creative artifact on this week.

So what happened was Mercutio and Tybalt got in an argument and were trading insults. This escalated into a sword fight between the two. The duel was pretty even for a while, then Tybalt stabs Mercutio when Romeo tries to intervene. Tybalt stabs Mercutio underneath Romeo’s arm, Tybalt flees, and Mercutio bleeds out and dies. Romeo then went after Tybalt to get revenge for his friend’s death and got in another sword fight. This time, Romeo kills Tybalt, which is actually a bad thing for two reasons. The first is because no one is allowed to fight in the street anymore so people are upset and coming over to where the fight was, and second because Tybalt is Juliet’s cousin and is now Romeo’s kin. So that’s not too great.

For my creative piece this week I wrote a mock newspaper front page about the deaths of Mercutio and Tybalt. Then I have a story about Romeo’s banishment. To make it I went on Comic Life and found a template for a newspaper and edited it and added a few pictures. I added a couple of headliners at the top to add more interest and storylines from the play.

calebe • February 3, 2020