Medium Is The Message Final Learning Portfolio

Welcome back to another blog post! 😉 This time, I am reflecting on the full project, which is The Medium Is The Message.  Also to answer the driving question which was ‘How does what we hear, read, and see influence us’.  My answer is almost everything influences us example let’s say you see and ad for McDonalds then you might be influenced to go get McDonalds.  If you hear and ad for Alpine Credits and say oh cool but you will not think much of it but later down the road if you need money you’ll might remember it because they have funny ads and you will ask for money from them.

So, let us start. In Welcome Home Text Analysis, which was the first Milestone, we had to analyze a video made by Apple about the Home Pod and then we put our analysis into a paragraph.  It was some what hard because we had to say what the purpose of the video was and also why we think they made the video. But, it was also easy compared to Milestone 2, which I will now explain. 

Milestone 3 was almost the same thing as Milestone 2, but we had to take a past perspective, and a present perspective, as well as an historical one.  It was difficult because I had to revise it a hundred times (well, it was actually six, but it seemed like a hundred !) But in the end I got there. ☀️  

The last Milestone (finally!!) was Milestone 6 which was worked on for the entire project. In fact, it was the  base of the entire project:  the advertisement drafts.  We had to submit our final drafts and then say what we each personally contributed.

Alright, now that I am done with the actual stuff I had to write, here are my personal thoughts on this project.  This project was hard to do but it was still fun.  It was hard because there were so many parts to it and it was painful because there were people in my group who did not contribute much.  But that is beside the point. It was fun because we got to go to on a mini unsupervised field trip to the business and take pictures. What I learned is that advertisement is everywhere and you should not trust anything.

Well this has been “fun” but I’m going now.  Do not forget that Carter=blog. 

Here is my final ad. 

Final Advertisement

Milestone 1 Milestone 2 Milestone 3 Reflection

Hi its me again your probably tired of this already BUT here I am back with another reflection 

So our project is to create a piece of advertisement for a local business our business was the Local Lift in parkgate. So what we’ve had to do so far is make 3 drafts of a ad for our business. We also had to make a number spreadsheet and put ads on it. We also learned about techniques and appeals for advertisement. Another thing we did was find pieces of historical media and list the techniques and appeals they used in it and then write a paragraph on the ad.

Here are my 3 advertisement drafts. 

These drafts were challenging at first but got easier as time went. The numbers spreadsheet was kinda annoying at first because you had to add to it every week but as I got used to it it was easier. Milestone 1 which was a paragraph of a video we watched in class was fun but challenging. Milestone 2 was a ad paragraph and it was pretty hard. Milestone 3 was the same thing but harder and it definitely was. Now here are my ads for Local Lift

Draft 3                                    Draft 2                                      Draft 1

That is it but remember that Carter=Blog.

My User Manual Reflection

The first project that we did in PLP was a user manual the purpose was to answer the driving question which was ‘how do I creatively  communicate who I am’. It was exciting and fun because we got to lay it out in a robot format meaning we talked in third person and had headings such as troubleshooting. The one of the things I struggled with was being honest it was hard to admit my flaws but once I did I felt better.

Another part of the user manual project was the Memoji laptop you had to but stickers on the Memoji with a laptop and the stickers were things that you liked to do/the things that are you.

So after that how did I answer the driving  question I answered it by being honest on it example

Troubleshooting

User Guide: Carter Chong

Brand: PLP Student

Model: Carter Chong iOS 1.3

Product Guide

Welcome to your new PLP student Carter Chong IOS 1.3 Your new student comes with features that include:

• Being happy
    • Hard working
    • Zoning out 
    • General excitement at learning a tech new trick

Getting Started 

Before you start using your new PLP student

you must make sure that Carter is paying attention when your talking.

Accessibility 

Carter is accessible during the day and can be found either in the PLP room or the Annex room .

Settings

Carter has 3 modes: student, regular person, fun.

Setting:1 Student 

This is the mode that Carter will function in from 8:30am to 4:00pm. Carter will do everything that is instructed from his PLP teachers. Since this mode has been dormant for a while Carter may glitch to fun Carter and or regular person. 

Setting 2: Fun 

If you encounter Carter outside of school with his friends he will be in fun mode.Fun mode consists of a mixture of things that Carter likes to do such as: running around screaming, telling jokes, eating, playing video games, and being dumb. Fun Carter tends to glitch into student mode whenever he sees one of his teachers.

Setting: 3 Regular Person

If you encounter Carter outside of school and he is with his parents he will be in regular person mode. Regular person mode occurs when Carter is: shopping, at  lessons, on a trail hike, or doing anything normal with his parents.

Warnings 

This device may…

• Zone out if you talk for too long
  • Call out the answer without raising its hand
  • Annoy you with his fidgeting
  • Become distracted from the current topic

Troubleshooting 

Problem Solution 
Carter is not paying attention  Ask him politely to pay attention 
Carter is doing something off task Tell him to get on task

Tips to Maintain Optimal Performance 

Device may respond better to junk food if he is hungry.

Fuel with brisk iced tea (peach).

Talk about books.

Goodbye for now but remember that Carter=Blog

Hello world!

Hello people on the internet

this blog is for school welcome.

I hope you enjoy what I put on it. I’m looking forward to posting.

Click the about me tab in the top left to learn about me.

By October 9, 2020.  1 Comment on Hello world!  Uncategorized