Student Blogging Challenge Day 7

Hello and welcome back to my blog and day 7 of the student Blogging Challenge its about emojis yay anyways enjoy

Once upon time there was a 🍦shop

Everyday people would order and eat this 🍦 

Until one day a 🐖 came and broke into the 🍦 place and ate all of it

Because of that the 🐖 died and a 👼 came to collect its dead fat body 

Because of that the people were 🤣because there was a fat dead pig in the shop 

Because of that a  🎩 was called to hide that body

Because of that everybody in the shop 😵 from the smell 

And ever since that day 🐵 people took over the world 

The end

So thats it and it’s pretty short but it’s pretty interesting I think good bye and remember that

ç宆e®=bløg

If you enjoyed this check out my friend Noha

I’m Bored #1

So the purpose of this post is when I’m bored and have nothing better to do I will write a post about something random

Readers: Cool

Me: Yeah

Also for all school blog posts the Readers are not going to be there because some people think they take away from the reflection and learning and I agree with them.

Anyways todays topic will be Drum roll please

Readers: no

Me: why not

Readers: because 

Me:ok

so todays topic is random stuffs meaning I will have a couple of random topics.

So cheese. Cheese is a food that comes form cows and it is actually not orange by nature

Readers: really??

Me: yeah straight from the cow its white but but here in North America we dye it orange

Readers: GROSS

Me:yeah kinda

Readers: I thought cheese cam from orange cows 

Me: Really

Readers: yes

Me: wow

Cheese is something people can enjoy plain or on cracker or mixed into something like lasagna so

so thats it for I’m bored #1 see y’all next time don’t forget that

Readers: Carter=blog

Me: exactly bye

Readers: bye

By February 23, 2021.  No Comments on I’m Bored #1  I’m Bored   

Student Blogging Challenge Day 6

MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Readers: oh my goodness. My ears will never recover 

Me: sorry

Readers: WHAT

Me: Sorry!

Readers:WHAT!!!!!

Me:SORRY!!!!!!!!

Readers: its ok

So music. Music is a concept 99% percent of the world knows about. It’s literally everywhere. 

Now me personally I don’t go out of my way to listen to music. But maybe you people do 

So I will have a couple questions that you can answer in the comments. So here we go

Quick Disclaimer if I don’t include a obvious category of music or I miss something I’m sorry. 

1. What’s your favourite music genre 
  • Pop
  • Hip hop 
  • Rock
  • Jazz
  • Blues 
  • Kpop 
  • Classical
  • Punk rock
  • Country 
  • Rap 
  • Disco
  • Hard Rock
  • Soul
  • Electro 
  • Funk

2. Who’s your favourite artist 

3. What’s your favourite song

Ok so next topic 

So this next thing is a music quiz again answer in the comments if I get a fact wrong oh well

Readers: um I have a question about never mind

Me: you sure??

Readers: yeah

Me: ok

1. Where was jazz invented?
  2. Where was the trumpet invented?
  3. Who was the first country singer ?
  4. Who was the first piano player ?
  5. Who invented the piano ?
  6. What is music by definition? 
  7. Who was the first jazz player?

Readers: wow

Me: what

Readers: how old are you 

Me: why

Readers: because your talking about the piano 

Me: yeah so 

Readers: the piano is for old people 

Me: maybe I am a old person 

Readers: maybe 

Me: anyway back to the topic 

I’m now going to be talking about a instrument that I play the alto saxophone 🎷 

So its a woodwind instrument invented in the 1840s by Adolphe Sax who was a Belgian instrument designer patented in 1846 

Well good bye now and remember that çårter=blog 

Student Blogging Challenge Day 5

Hi how are you

Readers: oh goddess no he’s back

Me: ughhh why did I have you save you guys 

Readers: I don’t know but thanks

Me: your welcome

Readers: we need to be mean again

Me: nope 

One long and boring scuffle later

Me: ok there gone I have the second readers here again

Readers: yeah were back back again

Me: yeah

Ok so this is going to be a short post on something I changed on my blog. 

So I added a widget to the bottom of my blog that tracks who visits my blog. 

Readers: thats creepy

Me: yeah sort of

Anyways this was super fun to use because it is cool and now I can see who reads my blog (I need more people) 

Readers: ok will get more

Me: ok yay

Anyways peoples this was super fun and all see you next time.

Until then Don’t Forget that ç宆e®= bl0G

Student Blogging Challenge Day 4

Hello and welcome back to the 4th day of blogging challenge our challenge today was to find images on the web and recreate them. 

This is the Printing Press invented in 1440 by German Johannes Gutenberg. 

Readers: oh wow 1440

Me:Yeah during the Renaissance 

Readers: cool

Me: so are y’all gonna insult me??

Readers: well since asked 

Me: no 

Readers: haha jk

Me: ok (thank goodness)

Anyways so this is the Printing Press and it helped create typing and books. This relates to my worldview because books are a essential part of knowledge example the dictionary it helps you learn stuff. 

Readers: cool

Me: yes 

Readers: so let me get this straight if not for the Johannes guy I would not be reading this right now

Me: Correct 

Readers: cool

Ok on to the second drawing       

Readers: what’s this??

Me: sundial

Readers: cool what does it do

Me: It used to tell time before the clock 

Readers: lit 

Me: yeah

So anyways this relates to my worldview because it was used to tell time back in Ancient Greek and Rome times. And this is of historical significance because we use a clock to tell time and keep us on track and the sundial was the first instalment of the clock.

Readers: dang

Me:yeah 

Me: Well we’ve reached the end 

Readers: yup bye

Me: wait we’ve gone 2 blog posts and not one insult 

Readers: yeah so

Me: what’s happening are you the original readers

Readers: oh no he figured it out RUN

Me: well thats interesting all go looking for the originals later.  But for now good by and don’t forget that CArter=Bl0g

Student Blogging Challenge

Hi!!!!!!!! I’m back back again 

Readers: cricket cricket 

Me: Rude aren’t you going to insult me

Readers: nah just talking to you is a insult 

Me: Very Funny (sarcasm)

Ok ignoring them. 

I’m currently doing the student blogging challenge 2021 

Readers: Goody

Me: was that sarcastic?

Readers: Nope

Me; Thanks??

Readers: your welcome

Ok back to to the point

So for this blog post I’m going to be talking about skiing which is one of my hobby’s. 

Because its fun.  And I’m not bad at it but mainly its fun.  

Readers: congrats your not bad at skiing

Me: Thanks wait why are you not insulting me?

Readers: The boss said will get paid more if were nice to you

Me: Wow,ok

Now to show you a YouTube video of skiing (this is not mine btw)

Readers: YOOOOOOO!!!!! That’s lit 

Me: I know right, ya know even though y’all are getting paid to be nice to me I like it

Readers: Time to be mean again (sarcasm)

Where I learned to ski WhistlerBlackcomb

My favourite place to ski Mt.Seymour because that’s where most of my friends ski (and skiing is always better with friends) 

Readers: NERD HAHAHA

Me: Now now people it’s important that you read and respect and follow the alpine responsibility code.

Readers: yup!!

Ok I go bye-bye now thanks for reading and Don’t for get that 

CARTER=Bl0g, bye.

Laser Laws Blog Post (Scimatics)

Hello people on the internet 

Readers: Oh no

Me: be quiet 

Yes hello I’m back and reflecting on the final scimatics project and it about lasers

Readers: no one cares.

Me: whatever 

Anyways this project we learned about two things.  One the law of reflection and two the Pythagorean theorem.   We had to put both of these together and build a right angle triangle out of lasers that followed the Pythagorean theorem and the law of reflection.

So here is the project start mind map               

Yeah so as you can see I had a lot of questions about light and not gonna lie i didn’t really answer most of them.  For example I don’t know if you can change the speed of light or if light can be affected by sound.  But what I did  learn  is that a bright enough light can heat stuff up or that the Pythagorean theorem is A²+B²=C². 

I also learned what the law of reflection is.  The law of reflection states that the incident angle and the reflected angle are the same distance to the normal which is the space in between the incident angle and the reflected.

Readers: Great Job (sarcasm detected)

Me: shut up

Ok its time to write about the core competencies 

Readers: Yay it’s almost done

Me: Your wrong

Curricular Competencies:

Number 1 was Communicating and Representing: Represent mathematical ideas in concrete, pictorial, and symbolic forms.

Number 2 was Applying and innovating: Co-operatively design projects

Number 3 was Questioning and predicting: Demonstrate a sustained intellectual curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest 

Ok lets start with Number 1 

Readers: I hope he failed

Me; For the record I did not fail. Let me explain 

So this is like the math portion and the science one.

Basically we had to use the scientific method when we built a triangle in a simulator .  I got proficiency on this skill because I showed this on Milestone 4 when I put measurements stating the law of reflection and had a equation with Pythagorean theorem thats how I used this skill. Another way I showed this skill was on Milestone 2 which was Qiz on the Pythagorean Therom in which I got 4/5.

Readers: dang it he didn’t fail.

Me: you know you don’t have to be here.

Readers: Really yay bye.

Me: Bye, Finally there gone.

Readers Nope were still here.

Me: Great ( Sarcasm Detected)

Number 2 was actually building the triangle in with 2 of my classmates Sepaus&Mateo 

We got proficiency because we made a triangle that followed both the law of reflection and the Pythagorean We showed our understanding of this by using correct measurements I.e the distance to the normal from the reflected and incident angle and by doing so we showed our understanding of the law of reflection and by making a right angle triangle we used the Pythagorean theorem. here is our triangle

\

Number 3 the final one 

Readers: Hey this is the one he did bad on in the last one

Me: QUIET 

So this one was basically a skill that test your focus and if your playing games in class and such. Last project I did not focus and got strikes how I improved this skill is by focussing on the project instead of playing games. For example Instead of playing games when we were working on milestone 4 I worked on Milestone Before we finish I am going to talk about some non milestone stuff we did in this project.

We did this one stepping stone that was a wavelength simulation and we had to set the damping slider to none and the tension slider to high and the fill out a work sheet it’s purpose was to teach us about electromagnetic radiation and wavelengths.  What I learned from this experiment is that electromagnetic radiation can be measured is wavelengths.

So thats it 

Readers: Yay he’s done 

Me: Yeah you can go away now

Readers: YES now we get paid

Me: Wait You get paid to read this 

Readers: UMMMMM No??

Me:  Whatever, Bye

So thats it folks Goodbye and remember that Carter=Blog

Tectoinc Game reflection

Guess who’s Back Back again to reflect yet again 

Y’all are probably tired of this but whatever.

So this project was about plate tectonics we had to create a game on how plate tectonics create natural disasters and what they do.

Driving question was how are thematic and mathematical elements used in game designs

More on this later

In Milestone 1 me andwere told that we had to create some base rules for our game this was slightly challenging because we did not really have a clear idea on what we wanted to make but we persevered.

In Milestone 2 we had to create game concepts and ideas the incorporated science concepts (plate tectonics) this was pretty hard because we did not have good ideas on how to incorporate science into a game .

Milestone 4 and 5 

Milestone 4 was our FINAL game rules 

And our final game rules were decent but not amazing because we had game rules but they were not very clear nor did we have examples.  Which I realize now made our game really hard to understand.

MIlestone 5 was the same thing but it also needed a picture of our game pecies as well as our rules. We got a sun cloud because we did not really change anything. 

So I learned all about plate tectonics in Milestone 3 because it was a Kahan academy quiz there were 3 of them I learned how scientists track how powerful a earthquake is. I also learned what subduction means and is means the sideways or downward movement of the edge of a plate into the mantle beneath another plate. 

There were ten key science concepts which were things like 

Hot spot

Subduction 

Slab pull

Continental drift and more.

Here are the Curricular Competencies

1.Evaluating: Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of evidence

2. Questioning and predicting: Demonstrate a sustained intellectual curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest

3.Understanding and solving: Develop, demonstrate, and apply mathematical understanding through play, inquiry, and problem solving

So lets start with number 1.

I accomplished this by putting the ten key science concepts into my game some of them were: ridge push

Slab pull

Hotspot 

Subduction 

And the cards we had visually represent the conceptsI could have improved by having better explanations because I did not really explain them that much. I did not really improve these after receiving my grade because I did not NEED to but I could have and probably should have.

For number 2 I did not do this well because I was playing games and not on task for next time I will try to stay on task and not get distracted because it cost me valuable work time and a accomplished in this competency.How I attempted to try and not get distracted to much after I realized that I was super off task was I stood up and did some building or drawing and turned off my iPad.

Number 3 I got emerging because me and my partner Sylas did not add probability into our game (other then the spinner).  We also did not have very clear game rules and that was hard because we tried (not very hard because we were playing games have the time) but sill we tried and did not get very far.Next time I will changed the game rules and such to better fit what we are doing. How I tried to fix this was by adding some photos to make it less confusing.

NOW ITS TIME FOR THE GRAND FINALE YAY 

Everybody else: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So I think the answer to the driving question is thematic and mathematical elements are used in game design because there is almost always chance in any game chance or probability.  And thematic elements can be used for colour or effect. 

Here are also some examples of our game pieces

GOOD BYE 

AND REMEMBER CARTER=BLOG

Screen Time Chart Reflection

This is another reflection but this time its about Math in a class called scimatics and the driving question is: how much of our lives is screen times.  My results are not quite as good meaning I’m on screens more then i thought here’s my chart about my screen time. 

The pie chart on the left is tracking my screen time and non screen time as well as my reading time. The one in the centre tracks my daily reading averages. The last one compares my entertainment to productivity on my iPad.

The answer to the driving question is our lives are heavily involved in screens. And I would say that half of our lives (or at least mine) is half screen. 

Curricular competencies there were 3 curricular competencies the first one was: Applying and Innovating: Contribute to care for self, others, community, and world through individual or collaborative approaches. How I did this is I used my class time wisely and only letting my self be distracted a couple times once I was done with the task.  

The second curricular competency was: Understanding and solving: Visualize to explore mathematical concepts. I kept a accurate spreadsheet to track my screen time and I also had the pie charts to compare percentages of my reading time (as seen above).

The third and final curricular competency was: Communicating and Representing: Represent mathematical ideas in concrete, pictorial, and symbolic forms

I did this again with my pie charts and I also had a graph to compare my productivity to my entertainment (see image above) and unfortunately I had a lot more entertainment then productivity.

Medium Is The Message Final Learning Portfolio

Medium Is The Message Final Learning Portfolio Post

This project was all about advertisement e had to create our own advertisement about a local place 

Hi my name is Carter and this is my blog a few things first

I will not have comas in this post and there might be a few run on sentences.

Now on to the blog post

So for this blog post we had to answer the driving  question which was: How Does What We Hear influence us? 

More on that later

Ok so for  Milestone 2 we had find and analyze a piece of historical media and write a small paragraph on it.  Here is a link to my ad Burger King this was part of one of the 4 core competencies used in this project this one uses taking a historical perspective. 

Milestone 5 was the most annoying thing in history because I had to revise it a million times ( more like 5) anyways Milestone 5 was about comprehending texts ( this was one of 4 competencies used in this project) So we had to analyze a book called: Gospel According To Larry and a Marshal McLuhan text and then use examples from both to answer the question: how does the medium influence the message. This was a good example of comprehending texts because we had to search for clues to get the answer.

Milestone 6

Milestone 6 was the final Milestone and we had to finalize our ads ( We did our on Local lift )

This represents the last 2 competencies because we had to create a ad for our business 

Final Advertisement

so this represents the last 2 because there was designing involved.  Obviously we had to design the ad and include pictures and colours and more.

Now the answer to the driving question is: everything we hear read and see influences us in some way in ways like how we behave or how we shop or how we just go about our daily lives.

So here we are at the end.  So you may have noticed that there was a original post then a short angry one now this. I was frustrated because I kept getting more and more feedback on this post and eventually I just got mad and wrote a angry post and to my teachers I apologize.

Ok I’m going now and don’t forget Carter=Blog.