PLP Exhibition 2022!

Pee el pee exabishun is dun.

Hello everyone, welcome back to another blog from ‘Blog Site’. As I write this, Last night, we finished our Impact Spring Exhibition 2022. We had been working on this for a few weeks before the big night yesterday. I will be taking you through everything that we did and what I learned.

At first we got into our teams which we would be working with for the entire exhibition. This exhibition was a joint project for the 8’s and 9’s which means both grades worked together in perfect cohesion. Big shout out to Colton, Landon, Declan, Zach, Alicia, Carter, and Jocelyn and the grade 8s that helped us.

After we were given our teams, we were assigned what part of the exhibition we were. Our group was assigned the introduction. The intro is the first thing people see when they walk into the event. We had to set the tone for what the people would see. It looked a little something like this:

There are 2 skits in the exhibition.

skit 1 shows a ‘boring’ school with a student that doesn’t learn anything from the textbook. Then a teacher walks in and take the textbook and throws it into the trash and pulls out an iPad in a dramatic way showing the project path.

In skit 2, the students enjoy school and remember projects, and have extending qualities. More students then fill the set and collaborate to and collaborate with each other.

Our goal was to create a “un-silent” tableau, the guests would walk through the pathway and enter the exhibition. It was perfect.

It was not. We ran into a lot of different issues, a lot of which included traffic flow. We needed the people to watch the tableau’s, but not stop to look at the tableau’s, so they had to be detailed enough for people to understand the message, but not super detailed for people to stop and watch.

we spent weeks trying to find the perfect balance, until finally we got it.

day of the exhibition rolled around and it was time for setup. We put up the set, and everything was going great. Until rain rolled around and had a different idea. Luckily it didn’t stay for long, and we were back. Everything was perfectly set up, the sun was beaming and we were all ready.

We had dinner, courtesy of Panago Pizza, and we were then set of to do our duty. Me and my friends Landon and Cole were given the job of handing out maps to guests as they journeyed into the spring exhibition. I help put up some props and bag some candy to hand out to the children of the PLP exhibition. All in all it was a super fun experience and I loved interacting with the guests and with the fellow students that made this possible.

Big shoutout to all the teachers and helpers that made this exhibition possible. Without you, there would’ve been no exhibition and we’re all super grateful for it.

Published inExhibitions

Be First to Comment