The Stones are Moving

IMG_7651A couple of days ago, I observed a class outside working on their creative writing in our school’s courtyard. It was a beautiful, sunny day, and students were spread out under the canopy of leaves that create wonderful shady spots. I decided to go out and see how things were going.

Their teacher was editing work with students on one of the courtyard benches, while other students were being creative in their own unique ways.

As I was walking among the writers, I pondered the mystery of our garden stones. Until recently, the stones were all lined up nicely along the paths. When I came in, the stones were strewn about.

“I wonder how these stones keep moving?” I asked aloud.

Today, I found out why the stones moved. The class took my comment and created many wonderful short stories, and several of them came to read their stories to me today. Thanks to Robert, Finn, Daniella, Arian, Ali, McKenzie and Sasha for sharing with me today. The stories were wonderful, and a little bit mysterious. Sorry, I won’t share why the stones are moving. You will have to ask the kids.

Take care