How can an understanding of nationalism in the past help us make sense of today? That is the question that we had to answer in this project. Join me to find out the answer to the question. If you cant tell now the project if based around the topic of nationalism, topic is super important tot learn about in my opinion and I will explain to you why I think that. Because this project is so long I will break it up into the three weeks that we did this project over. We also did a review of our week every week to see what went good and what went bad.

Week one: this is the week that I got a basic understanding of what nationalism in, and yes I didn’t know what the word meant. Anyways onto the first milestone. This was a parent interview that I did with my dad. (Watch below)

I asked him some questions and he answered. When I did this I realized that there are lots of different types of nationalism and different definitions for each. This interview is when I got a basic understanding of what it means, this is also when I figured out how important it is to learn about this. Why do I think this, that is because nationalism effects us so much everyday, your might not even know it more that 50 % of the time. It also is a political topic and politics basic determines what happens to your country. So being able to understand how this effected us, effects us, and how it will effect us because we all know that history repeats itself. Back to the milestone. I think that for the empowered learner competence I did relatively well. And for the I also think that I did well in the other english commence (designing texts) on the final version of the video. I feel like the background was ok. It could have been a lot better the audio quality was good and the questions/answers were good, at least I thats what I think. The next some what important milestone this week was the Crimean war video. This video was to show a example of the Crimean war in a animatic style video. I did not do good on this. And that is a pattern that you will see with how I feel about every video I made. I think and I know that I am able to do a lot better. I think one of the major reasons why I did’t do as good work as I would have like to is because of the topic. I would like to learn about this because this is a super important thing to learn about but I think that the content that they are teaching you isn’t very in depth. So I think that at least I would benefit from having a project have less milestones but we go more in depth on the topic.

If your interested the week end reflection should be right here

Week one
activity/work this week helped you to understand nationalism? I think milestone one helped me the most with understanding what nationalism is, I think this because at first I had no/very little understanding of nationalism and this milestone was about asking and answering questions about the topic • What did you learn about the process of creating an animatic? I thought it would be much easier for me than it was. The main reason why it was so hard for me was the drawing part of it and I think if I spent less time on doing the drawings/story board • What did you find challenging this week? The animatic. I think the animatic was the hardest part for me to get done. I think that one of the bigger reasons why it was hard for me is because I was behind on the screen play thus making me behind on the story board. • What are you proud of this week? The quality of the work was higher than before winter break • What do you want to improve for next week? Doing the things on time wile still getting the same quality of work if not higher

Week two: this week we talked about how Canada became Canada. Or how BNA (British North America) became Canada. For this week I am going to talk about milestone five. This milestone was the storyboard for our video. 

This video was a tutorial video. For my tutorial I choose to make a puzzle. A map puzzle of Canada. Now I think I did eh on the storyboard. Why is that? That is because of the competences that are connected to this milestone, more specifically the Using Resources / Use Evidence from Various Sources competences while I did show real facts that had been cited I did not show that I have a deep understanding of the content that is expected. I also think that I did a good job with the Designing Texts competence. I showed that this was part of a plan to create something, and I think that I did ok with this. But this brings me back to what I said earlier. People like me aren’t going to have a deep understanding of this if we don’t go over it at a deeper level. Altho this also comes back to my effort that I put into it. 

Week end review

Week two
What did you want to improve on from Week 1. Rate yourself on a scale of 1-10. Explain. 1 = completely forgot 5 = work in progress 10 = I've completely accomplished this goal 3 • What examples of nationalism, are helping you to understand today? (culture, politics, social, economic, etc). most politics because even if they aren’t nationalist you can see what they think about it and learn what the down sides of it are and if they are nationalists then you get to see what is good about it and what is bad about the other side. And with information from both sides I can personally determine what side I am on • Describe how you used technology this week to construct knowledge? I looked though several websites and watched several videos about nationalism and Canadian history • What did you find challenging this week? Time management • What are you proud of this week? Why? the quality of my work is getting better • What do you want to improve for next week? How are you going to do it?  time management

Week three: this week we talked about the oppression on the indigenous people in Canada. The most important milestone from this week was milestone seven or the screenplay for this video.

I think that to make a good story you need to know what you are going to say. And if you cant make it look really good make it sound really good. So I think that this was a important milestone. 

Week end review

Week three
• What did you want to improve on from Week 2. Rate yourself on a scale of 1-10. Explain. Time management was something that I wanted to achieve. And I did, slightly I think that I did 6/10. Because wile I did do better on this I don’t think I did as good as I could do 1 = completely forgot 5 = work in progress 10 = I've completely accomplished this goal • After learning about oppression in Canada in the 1800s, what type of national oppression do you think is still happening today? There is still a lot of racism and there is also a lot of country’s with corrupt governments oppressing there people • Describe how you used technology this week to construct knowledge? This week I think I used iMovie to the most of its potential out of all the times I have used it, it is a bit finicky but once you get it to work it is much more powerful than you think • What did you find challenging this week? Trying to get good quality work wile getting it done on time. • What are you proud of this week? Why? The quality of the work was a little bit better than last time. • What do you want to improve for next week? How are you going to do it?  I want to keep on having good quality work wile getting the stuff done on time of not early.

Week four: and this brings us to the last week of the project. This week was a flop for me. This is when we had to make our cumulative video. To show that we know the answer to the driving question and that I can show supporting evidence to prove our answer correct. Once again I think that this week shows that I failed. Like I said earlier I think that this is because of the motivation and the topic at hand. Like I said that this topic is so important and so useful to know about. I just is that the way we are learning about it I think isn’t good, it’s basically turning something that should be interesting to learn about and choosing the more boring side of it. And I am not fully blaming school because I know I am fully responsible for all my learning, I am just saying that for me it is very hard to learn because of these reasons. And those are my final thought on this project.