Hi! My name is Erin! I’m in grade 10 and apart of this cool program at school called PLP. This post is about Romeo and Juliet. We did a project on it where we made our own video adaptation of the play. Keep reading to learn more!

Reading!!!

We got to read Romeo and Juliet in class. For some of the readings we read as a class and for others we read in smaller groups. I was a little confused at first but once I learned some basic translations it was all good. After reading a scene or finishing an act we would discuss what happened. These discussions really helped me get a full understanding. Sometimes my classmates comprehended different things than I did and it was good for us to all share what we thought was happening. It helped me get a better understanding.

Watching!!!

We watched a lot of Romeo and Juliet adaptions and movies! For each act we watched a different movie. For act I we watched the 1968, Franco Zeffirelli, Romeo and Juliet film. It was good. We only watched the part of the film that the act we were reading at the time was. So for this film we watched the very beginning. For act II we watched the 1996, Romeo and Juliet film adaptation that Leonardo DiCaprio was in. For act III we watched one of my favourites, West Side Story. For act IV we watched my other favourite, Gnomeo and Juliet. For act V we watched Warm Bodies. Watching all of these different film adaptations was really cool. There were so many different takes on Romeo and Juliet. It helped give us an idea of what we might want to make for our video adaption.

Video Adaptation!!!

For the big part of this project we made our own video adaptation of Romeo and Juliet. We were put into groups and each got to pick an act. We got to pick any scene within the act we had. My group was Amy, Ryan, and Liam. We chose act II and the famous balcony scene. For our adaptation we decided to do a high school modern day version. Oemor and Julia! Oemor and Julia are in high school and in love. This is our video! Enjoy!

Oemor and Julia!!!

Oemor and Julia

I really hoped you enjoyed reading this post. I really enjoyed learning about Romeo and Juliet and making our own adaption was very fun. Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great rest of your day!