Categories
Maker Uncategorized

RUNning Into A Lot Of Trees And Swamps

Hello to all of my incredible blog readers! This is my very, very, VERY first blog post of Grade 9!! Okay, now that our mini celebration is over, it is now time to get into our project! First of all, what even was our project?                  What Was […]

Categories
Humanities Uncategorized

I Am Not Objectifying This Story

Hello, and welcome to my very last Humanities blog post of Grade 8. It has been a wild journey full of projects, Zoom, and slightly funny blog post names. This project was called Every Object Tells a Story. Let’s go through some milestones, my final book, and some lovely curricular competencies! Yayyyyyyyy. We are going […]

Categories
Uncategorized MPOLS and TPOLS

TPOL 2020

Hello! This is my post for my first ever TPOL! If you don’t know what a TPOL is, it is a Transitional Presentation of Learning. Basically, it is PLP’s version of a student-teacher conference. I also suggest that you check out my MPOL post, because that explains these presentations more! All of our projects in […]

Categories
Humanities Scimatics

Ahhhh Scary Diseases and Sexism

Hello! I hope you all are healthy! I am here to talk about our latest Humanities AND Scimatics project, Argh Matey! Yes, we did a project that involved both Humanities and Scimatics. It was quite a crazy journey, and I am going to walk you through it! So, first of all, I am going to […]

Categories
Maker Uncategorized

We Are Witnessing History

Hello! Welcome back to my wonderful and lovely and wonderful blog. Today I am going to be telling you allllllll about our latest Maker Project………..Witness to History! Yay! *insert trumpets here* As you probably know, (I am actually concerned if you don’t know) we are living in the middle of COVID 19. We have all […]

Categories
Maker Uncategorized

Zooming to the Rescue!

Hellooooooo! So, as you hopefully know, our world has kinda come to a stop. Yes, I am talking about the global pandemic that is COVID-19. But, even though the world has come to a stop, the show must go on! And what show, you may ask? Well, DI, of course! If you don’t know what […]

Categories
Uncategorized Humanities

It’s the End of the World As We Know It By R.E.M. Has Been Stuck In My Head For 5 Weeks

Heelllloooooooooo!! This is my reflection post for our latest Humanities project, It’s the End of the World As We Know It! In this post, you are going to be learning about the Milestones that we did, the curricular competencies that we used, and just an overview of the project in general!!! Let’s start with a […]

Categories
Maker

Destination Imagination: Regionals!!

Hello!! This is my reflection post on our Destination Imagination (DI) Regional Tournament! Now, if you don’t know what DI is, I can give you a brief overview. If you want to learn more, you can check out the website here! Destination Imagination is a hands-on, project-based educational experience that encourages creativity, collaboration, communication and […]

Categories
Uncategorized Scimatics

It’s the Ultimate Design Challenge!!

Hello!! This is my reflection blog post for our last Scimatics project, The Ultimate Design Challenge!! In this project, we were challenged to redesign a object to either achieve maximum volume and minus surface area, or minimum volume and maximum surface area. We were put into groups of 1-3 people. So, some people worked by […]

Categories
Uncategorized Humanities

oooooo…Fleas on Rats, Fleas on Rats

Hello! I am very excited for this post. I am going to be reflecting on our last Humanities project, This Changes Everything: Middle Ages *insert trumpet sounds here*! Just warning you, this is going to be a long post, so grab some popcorn, or your snack of choice, sit back, relax, and enjoy! So, […]