Categories
Exhibition Humanities

Ologizing and Apologizing

Hello Lovely Readers! Is ologizing a word? I don’t think so. Should it be? Yes. Welcome back to a (hopefully) long awaited blog post. I’m really excited about this one! Now, if you have not read my last blog post, I highly recommend you doing so. Not only will you learn something, you will also […]

Categories
Uncategorized

The Legacy of the Komagata Maru

If you went to school in British Columbia, you might have heard of the Komagata Maru. Unfortunately, this story is barely being told anywhere else in the world. As a class, we went to the Khalsa Diwan Society in Vancouver to learn a bit more about the Komagata Maru. As well as being the first […]

Categories
Uncategorized

Doing the Bettering

Hello Lovely Readers, and welcome back to my blog! We have finished our first project of grade 10, and I am excited to tell you all about it. Our project was called, Think You Can Do Better?, and it was all about how we think we should govern ourselves. This project  had us look at […]

Categories
Uncategorized

Press the Release

Hello lovely, wonderful, fantastic, and so many other positive adjectives, readers. Recently, I, along with my teammates , were tasked with creating our very own political party. In this post, I will be explaining to you what makes our party unique, why you should hypothetically vote for us, and how it relates to my last […]

Categories
Humanities

Reflecting The Electing

Hello Lovely Readers™, and welcome back to another blog post. As we just had an election in Canada, it makes perfect sense that we would talk about it. So here we are! Talking! Exciting! Woohoo! Let us get to the good stuff. In the midst of a Liberal “power grab”, the political system has never […]

Categories
Humanities

The War of Propaganda

Hello! My name is Amy, and today I am going to be talking about how we might use artifacts and film to show the significance of WWI to Canada. In this post I will be walking you through our project, starting with my video, and then a general overview. But wait! I might not know you, […]

Categories
Humanities Maker

I Have Pride and Loyalty To These Videos

Welcome to my latest, biggest, and (possibly?) greatest blog post yet. 4 weeks, 10 milestones, 6 videos. Yes, it was a lot. We started right away. Our first video was a interview with our parents about nationalism. Wait a second, what in the world is nationalism? Thank you John Green. Okay, now you know a […]

Categories
Humanities Maker

Let’s Combine Stuffed Animals and Talk About The Industrial Revolution!

This post is dedicated to Keenan’s frog. HELLO INCREDIBLE BLOG READERS!! In this post I will be talking about our latest and probably our most unique project that we have done, The Rise of the Frankenstuffies! Yes, you read that right. The Frankenstuffies are indeed rising. Let’s start with our driving question. This question is […]

Categories
Humanities

ABBA. The Beatles. Revolutions. Crane Brinton?

Hello wonderful people, and welcome back to my blog. Our latest project was called Storm the Barricades! It was about how revolutions transform societies. We had to show this by creating three Rube Goldberg machines, and a final video, to show how different revolutions have effected society. First of all, what is a Rube Goldberg […]

Categories
Maker Uncategorized

RUNning Into A Lot Of Trees And Swamps

Hello to all of my incredible blog readers! This is my very, very, VERY first blog post of Grade 9!! Okay, now that our mini celebration is over, it is now time to get into our project! First of all, what even was our project?                  What Was […]