Shrew You!

Shrew You was a project full of new learning opportunities, and challenges.  Our study of both literature in the form of ‘Taming of the Shrew’ and a historical look into women’s rights, and connecting the two together made for a very fascinating project.  This brings…

Shrew You! (Week 4)

This week we finished taming of the shrew, presented our Milestone 2 decades of women presentations, and examined many new ideas and areas of our topic. This week something interesting that was brought up was the idea of looking at times in history and what…

Shrew You! (Week 3)

Week three of Shrew You has been full of new lessons, and new questions, and I’ve begun to see the connections between all of the texts we’ve been reading.  Through our exemplar readings, videos, ‘Taming of the Shrew’, in-class discussions, and milestone assignments I’ve gained…

Shrew You! (Week 1 & 2)

This first week and a half of Shrew you has been filled with new knowledge, reflection, and examination.  As we’ve begun this project, and learned more about what life was like for women in the past, one thing I’ve started to realize is…

Marking History

How can we as historians uncover and share stories about our community? This was the driving question for our first project of grade 12.  The goal of this project was to find a story of our community from the past, and tell it within a…

Think and Create

For my third think and create I made an art piece which illustrates the roots of where modern racism comes from, and how it ripples through time into the branches of today.  I remember at the beginning of the unit we had to find the…

The Four Laws of Atomic Habits

Project Link – https://giorgiam2.wixsite.com/mysite To finish this year up for PGP we were given a lot of creative freedom when deciding the format of our ‘Atomic Habits’ project.  Ms. Maxwell even created a tic-tac-toe board for us to help us with it.  It was a…

Tpol

Joining PLP this year was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.  The style of learning is a great challenge and I’ve loved every minute of it.  This year really pushed me to learn in a new way, and not to prioritize memorization just…

Civil Rights and American Music

As we’re diving into our case study of the civil rights movement, I’m baffled by how much I don’t know.  It’s not often that high school aged students get to learn about topics of such importance and weight, but I’m very happy we are.  In…

The 15-Minute Routine

For this assignment we were asked to read and reflect on an article by James Clear, which excited me because of our previous project when we read his book Atomic Habits.  I enjoyed that book a lot and felt that it really helped me with…