People and the environment 🌱🌵🌴🌲🪴

Welcome back to another blog post. (I just finished writing another blog post like 5 minutes ago :/) anyway…

This is the first English project blog post this year!  Exciting

So for our first English project we had to answer the drive in question “ How do people and the environment affect one another?” And the answer “drastically”. Once you get to thinking about all the pros and cons if everything (literally everything) you became so much more aware of the effects it can have on the environment then eventually effect you. It’s really crazy to think about.

For our finished product it had to be a letter. Like a that⬇️ kind of letter {with the envelope and a stamp} 

And we have to write a letter to someone who is in a position to “promote change” (for eg. Kennedy Stewart or George Hayman etc.). I choose to write to Kennedy Stewart, the mayor of Vancouver. 

So if we go backwards ⏮ all the way to September 14, that when our first “stepping stone” was ready to go. We had to pitch our topic, I decided to address the issue of “road salt pollution on Canada” because it s a very overlooked issue and I don’t feel like people know enough about the effects and consequences road salt can have. 

)But if you are interested in other environmental issues go check out; Makenna blog about electric vehicles, Danas blog about plastic pollution, Claire’s blog about indigenous reserves access to clean water or Jocelyn’s blog about animal rights.)

The next big “💎milestone” was “the letter conference” where we had a week or so to research our chooses topic and them present our finding to either Mrs.Maxwell or Mr.Harris. Then we would have to take notes of there feedback and write down “three immediate changes we were going to make asap”

Oh and how could i forget about all those commonlit assignments 😒😅. As annoying,time consuming and repetitive those commonlit assignments were, i did find that I learned new things about writing, and my confidence when it comes to writing a paragraph has defiantly improved. 📈

And throughout the countless commonlit assignments and the occasional spelling tests ⤵️ we were working on the actually “final product” ✨ the letter✨

The first draft.⬇️ Oh dear! 😬 a lot has been changed, added and corrected. 

My first two critiques were Makenna and Mrs.Maxwell 

So many things were changed after that, I even managed to write a whole other paragraph

Sand after that, and I think about three more revisions, I some how ended up with this. 

The final letter

The envelope with my letter nicely folded inside

And thank you Mrs. Maxwell  from the final comment!

Overall I am proud of what I have created over the best month (ish) but there are still a few thing I would in prove if I had the chance to “redo” this project.

First off I would try harder on my commonlits. For how many of those things we did I don’t think I tried nearly as hard as I should Have and I think It really showed in my lack of correct spelling and grammar, I find that sometimes i get too frantic and forget to spell check. Something to work on next time.

Hope your ready for another blog post, because  another one if just around the corner😅🥳

Hannah🍨🍿🍲🍠🥦🍌