WW1 Told Graphically – Summative Assessment

Hola, Recently we just finished up a new project in humanities. In this project we learnt all about WW1, cause and consequence, and more. For our final product we got to create a short graphic novel that touched on one of the topics in WW1 (ex; a certain battle). Lets get into it!

To start us off we learnt about cause and consequence. To help us understand this topic deeper as well as our project we wrote a paragraph that was meant to explain what we thought was one of the main causes of WW1 and what a long term consequences of the war was.

Next we filled out a 3-2-1 sheet, to fill out this sheet we needed three things we discovered, two things we found interesting, and one question we still had. Hence the name ‘3-2-1’, To fill out this sheet we also needed to read a part of comic based and set in the time period of WW1, this comic showed a lot of new innovative ideas from 1914-1918 and gave of detailed information on the topic which would really help us in the long run of this project.

Next we took a look at some of the ways people were coaxed into fighting this war, we looked specifically at advertisements and learned a bit about propaganda in war advertisements and more. While we were learning this we were given some old war enlistment advertisements and a worksheet to fill out. With the help of this worksheet we were meant to identify some of the key messages and ideas in the ads. This is my ad!

While all this was happening we continued to read the WW1 comic, this was actually a really great read and do suggest it, As I said earlier the comic was set in the time era of WW1 and followed a young soldier through his life and involvement in the war. Once it was done we wrote a small paragraph reflection on the comic and on what we knew about the war.

Once we had an introduction into WW1 we got to choose our topic for the final product, I chose women in war! I found this topic extremely interesting and it let me touch on a learn more about feminism in the 1900s as well as how it shaped the world today for women.

Once we had our topics we got to work creating our comic. Mine followed a young girl who joined the army as a nurse and later went on to join the suffrage union and more. Here it is !

Women at War-A WW1 Comment

Alrighty, Thank for reading my plot post! And can we please talk about how I got this done in like 10 min??!!??

Merci,

Ines

Published inMaker

Be First to Comment