Science safety unit

Learning portfolio

In this unit we learned about safety. In my opinion, I believe that safety is the most important unit in science. Before doing any kind of lab it is important to know what to do, if something goes wrong. Even though a lot of the safety rule are common sense, it was still good to review what to do in a emergency. Everyone in our class was told to get into groups and make a safety video.

My group (Mimi, Sofia, and Isobel) decided to make our video entertaining, while also incorporating learning aspects. I had a lotĀ of fun creating our video and we worked really hard. We used iMovie, explain everything and action movie to make it. It was definitely a challenge to make the explosion and the fire but we finally were able to finish and hand in.

After critiquing the groups, we realized there were somethings that we could have improved on. For example our lighting and camera angles didn’t meet the expectations. Also we could have worked on making each person have a unique character. However, we got good comments on the entertaining aspect, and it did demonstrate what to do in a emergency situation.

Over all I really enjoyed this project because we got to be creative and making silly safety videos is always fun.