I am running away with this project🏃🏽‍♂️

For this blog post we had to make a video called run it is a horror short film that is only 1 minute and we had to make a exact replica of the film my initial thought of this project was this is going to be so much fun and so hard at the same time. So my parters were meg and Angelo so our first task was sort of individual but you had to do this survey and then take a picture of what we got.As you can see I got a campaigner and some of my strengths are mind, energy, nature so this was a personality test at first I thought what does this have to do with our project at all but after some thinking I thought of we can use this to our advantage because when we are filming we can use some of these strengths that we got on our personalities test. So the next thing we did was watch the film RUN!!!

So this was the film we had to recreate exactly. After watching this film which I think is a very strong film my group had to make a screenplay which is basically a script of what you need to do. So here is our screenplay. One thing I would fix would be we put we see on every line I feel like our script could be more effective. Here is mrs. Maxwell told us to fix again not as many we see but overall a very good screenplay in my opinion. So by now we have a sense of what we are going to film and what we want our movie to look like, all these ideas starting to pop in my head of what I wanted it to look like. So know we had to make a storyboard which is basically you just draw what you want to film. So know it was time to film so the day we filmed for our first draft it was raining really hard so it was hard to film but we made it work it was really cool to see what a real film looks like I mean I was in dead pool 2 so I got to see what it looks like lucky and I know a bit more about film because of that. So when we were filming I felt like a real actor on a real set I would love to be a actor in the future so all these videos I have been making have been a really cool experience. So after filming we had to edit and make sure the movie looked the same I thought it looked the same but obviously there were things to improve on but there are always things to improve on and we also ran out of time.

So here is our first video as you can see not the best compared to the actual film so my group was determined to make as close as possible to the film but the one problem was I was not wearing the same clothes and the weather was different so we had to re film the whole movie pretty much but that was ok because I think we did a lot better than the first video.

So here is our final video I think there is a lot if improvements in our second one compared to our first one. First off we used our own sounds and got all the shots and all around the editing was better. So in conclusion what I learned from this project was how to make a pre production how long it takes and how important it is to making a great film. Then I leaned about the production side of it what it takes to make a great film the shots and the angles the setting the weather all of that. Finally the post production what it takes to make the film look good and make sure you have enough b-roll because you can never ever run out of it. It is always a good thing to have more than not enough. The last thing I learned was how hard and fun it is to make to make films and how much more respect I give to people who make films because it is really hard and they make it look really good.

Correlation VS Causation!!

For this blog post I am writing about correlation vs causation, for this project we had to make a presentation about with a survey and a slideshow. Our first task was a MindNodeThat is were I learned really what correlation and causation meant now me and Kaia my parter thought of some questions to ask in our survey so we did but there ended up having no correlation so after a couple weeks of trial and error we finally got some correlation with our question it is how much time do you spend on your phone and your grade averages. So I did the scatter plot and found correlation.as you can see there is correlation so that was our first step in finding correlation because we need another one with correlation. So we asked you how many siblings you have and your grade average we found slight correlation and I think this question is a little bias because not all the class has one more than one sibling only I slight few of them do. The rest of the class has one sibling so it is a little bias towards the people with one sibling. There is the correlation with the second question as you can see very slight correlation but it works. So next we had to make a keynote presentation. Here is our evidence

<?php echo do_shortcode(‘

‘); ?>

week four blog post!!!

For this week we had any choice so I am going to Las Vegas on Tuesday after school so I am going to write about that. So first I will talk about the hard work that has to go in for me to go to Vegas. There is a lot of training that goes on like every Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday I am hitting or pitching and also going to the gym and working out getting stronger. The team I am playing for is a scout team so basically a sort if a prep team for D1 schools. Hard work= success that is one thing that I always think about when you go out on a very cold Saturday morning to go hit I think about that saying so I give it my best all the time. It also shows when you put the work in when I am not in the gym here is some of the stuff I use when I am at home. The picture below that is the things that I have won or got for being MVP and some baseballs the rings are stuff I have won in Las Vegas and Arizona. So hard work really does pay off so next I will talk about our trip we leave this Tuesday and go to Bellingham were we spend the night then leave for Vegas the next day. When we get there we have the rest of the day for going to the strip. Then it is down to business for baseball on Thursday and Friday getting prepared for the tournament then Saturday and Sunday, Monday are the games and hopefully I can bring home another ring.

PGP trip reflection

Hi everyone this post is going to be a little different, today I am going to be answering the driving question how did I mange Impulsivity in PLP you have a lot going on all the time and especially on field schools.  So you have to learn how to mange stress and impulsivity and make amazing work I think that PLP really helps you for the outside world and when you become an adult you have to be able to handle those things in the real world. So now to our trip we left on Sunday and you had to be ready to go because our first stop was the last spike where the last spike was nailed down. You could conduct interviews and get all the information you needed but before I continue the goal of this project was how does place impact who we are. You also had to mange your stress and make amazing memories so I would say that is a project to. Now back to the trip for my group I was tourist so we had to answer the driving question how does place impact tourism. So the first significant stop for me was rogers pass where we got some great footage for our interviews we interviewed 2 people about the tourism that comes here. Then the next interview was a lake Louise and boy is that place stunning it literally takes your breath away I highly recommend going there. So the guy we interviewed was named hawk and he was from the Cree nation, and he answered questions about the environment and how tourists were using it he said they were being responsible with the land and not littering so he said that the tourists were being respectful with the land. All of these stops really help me answer my driving question. But our first video in Alberta was the ghost town video so we had to make a video about anything but it couldn’t have any dialogue. The ghost town was in our first stop.

This is really where the stress set in because you have to edit it and get it all done and not to mention we had 1 hour to film the movie. So I thought that my group did really well also it was really cool to see what a ghost town would look like. The next place was Columbia Icefield and when we were there it was amazing to see how this place is not going to be there for long so it kinda put into perspective how don’t take the earth for granted because it not going be here with the way we are treating it. When we got up there it was stunning the view was great. So know I have all my footage for my main project how does place impact who we are. Here is my draft one

So as you can see there is a lot of room for some improvements so for my second draft I took myself out and added pictures and music more interviews and the first video was to long so I had a couple of days to improve so I did just that and I am really proud with my second video I think it shows how much I leaned and how far I have came since the first video here it is.

As you can see there is a lot if improved on like adding music, taking me out of the video, pictures, more interviews and better editing. Now I will talk about how I handled all the stress and impulsivity the way I handled it was when you have a chance to get your work done take that opportunity because you might not get anther one. I also go by that in a lot of other ways like in baseball and soccer and in life if you get an opportunity to do something great take it. When I was in the trip I had a mindset of be realxed and easy going but get your work done so when a stressful situation appeared I could handle it. I also had a mindset of get your work done then have fun and enjoy where you are. So on this trip I leaned how place impacts who we are but also how to handle stress and impulsivity but also how to make amazing memories that will last a long time.

<?php echo do_shortcode(‘

‘); ?>

Week 3

For week three we had to make something that teaches others so I made a ball picker upper so if you sports like baseball, tennis picking up pine combs. Because I made a so it is a lawn mower that picks them up without crushing them here it is.So what happens is the balls get scoped in the back while you drive over them. So the balls go under the blade and into the back and can’t come out because once they are in the black part the blade is higher so the ball cat role out.

PLP Alberta trip

Welcome back after a long break, I am back with anther post and this one is about our trip to Alberta but before I talk about that I must talk about the things leading up to that so the first day we got our project which was around the first day of school and the name of the project was called. How does a place impact who we are at first I was like what in the heck does that mean but soon after I figured out what that was about in Alberta. So leading up to Alberta we did some work before that. So the first thing we did was learn about the power of place and we ended up doing a creative reflection if you don’t know that is, it is a basically anything creative it can’t just be a bunch a text so here is mineThe task was about how place impacts who you are so that is what I wrought about. The next milestone we did was we got article and mine was about the wolf cull so we did research and then got a lens which is what you look through so mine was political so I has to look through a political lens

Using a lens
Political-

I think the government are involved because they are hiring contractors to shot the wolves the government has shot 480 wolves to save the caribou. The province issued a five year plane. According to Albertan biologist Stan Boutin, the livelihood of Caribou in BC depends on a dwindling wolf population. In other words, we must continue moderating the population of wolves. Some people are not very happy about this. If in the future we stopped moderating the wolf population, in theory the caribou would once again start dwindling. So then we did a pre trip plan for Alberta so in Alberta we were making a video about how place impacts who we are so we had to do some research about the places we are going to. But it’s not that easy because then we had a people’s group as well so mine was tourist so we had to make a video on how place impacts tourism. Here is my pre trip planso in this page I talked about my research and my questions and in this one I talked about the lens that I am going to use. The next thing you know we are in Alberta so the first significant stop for me was rogers pass where we got some great footage for our interviews we interviewed 2 people about the tourism that comes here. Then the next interview was a lake Louise and boy is that place stunning it literally takes your breath away I highly recommend going there. So the guy we interviewed was named hawk and he was from the Cree nation, and he answered questions about the environment and how tourists were using it he said they were being responsible with the land and not littering so he said that the tourists were being respectful with the land. The next place was Columbia Icefield and when we were there it was amazing to see how this place is not going to be there for long so it kinda put into perspective how don’t take the earth for granted because it not going be here with the way we are treating it. When we got up there it was stunning the view was great. So now I will show you my first draft.

The last thing I would like to talk about was how this trip changed my life little on how i look at things and on how place affects people and your economy. This trip for me was really cool and made so many memories.

Math blog post

Well this post is my first math and science, for this project We had to create a game using exponents the laws. So first we had to learn about do problems and solve them a lot of kahoot games. Then we had to come up with a game me and my parter Gabe based our game off uno a card game where you have to get rid of your cards but know I will explain our game to you. We used q-cards as our cards so we have used the face cards so Jack, King, Ace, Queen, as the letters so then we have our exponents we used the power law, division, multiplication and the zero law. These are the cards we used but before we go any father this was about our third draft we were confused and our first games were not that good so it took a lot a thinking because our first idea was sorta like black jack and it took a way to much math and it was not that fun but then we thought of what if sorta made a game off uno then ideas started popping into my head I thought about the aspect of picking up cards and making problems from picking cards up. So know how to play our game

Each player gets 5 cards. One card is put on the table with the rest of the deck beside it. THe deck is full of exponent laws, king card up to 3, queen, jack, and ace all going up to three. You must pick a card from the deck and match it with either the cards in your hand or on the table. Once completed the equation you must count your score which is the final exponent and then whoever has the highest score once all the cards in the deck run out wins. Score is kept with Poker chips. If you can’t do a turn, you must pick up a card and skip your turn. Each time the card in the middle gets used, the it gets automatically replaced. During your turn, if you plan on making an equation, you MUST use the card in the middle. If you have a maximum count of 10 cards in your hand and cannot “complete” a turn, then every time you draw a card you must discard another one therefore you will never go above 10 cards in your hand. So know we got another group to play our game and give us feedback.

The groups that played our game loved it. They said that it was a great simple game. But, they mentioned that the cards were not evenly mixed, the deck was also not big enough for  more than 3 players. They recommended shuffling the game better. So then we made the changes and then we made a video so you can understand the game better.  Here is the link to the video. Thanks for listening

T-pol

My t-pol first I would like to talk about how I grew as a learner I think how I grew was better teachers which made me have better work habits I have gotten a significantly smarter my grammar and vocabulary has got better because of PLP and grade 8. One thing I want to show you is my first blog post v.s my latest I guess would be this one but this one is way better than my first one. Next I will talk about all my subjects and one thing I am proud of and one thing I could still work on. Humanities one thing I am proud of is my song for its the end of the worl as we know it we did this project because we were learning about the fall of Rome and that lead to us making a song into our transition form grade 7 elementary school to grade 8 high school. I think I am proud of this song because it really showed my transition in a whole and I spent a lot of time on it and tried to make the song as good as possible but then again I am singing so it can’t be that good. One project I think I could work was a the exploration unit all about the explorers and in the end we had to make a comic with a group members. I think I could have done a better job drawing even though I really really bad I did contribute but a lot of help was needed and I just wish I could have done i with no help one way I could improve that is getting   to know sketches pro better and how to trace feature. Next I will talk about Math, one project I am proud of is was our last math quiz. I think it shows how far I have come with math our last unit was algeerbra and luner equations. Last time I did this stuff I didn’t really get it and I got really confused but I stuck with it and know I pretty much do them with no trouble. One thing I still working on is surface area and volume it is still confusing for me so over the summer I am going to work on it more so next year I will become a lot more familiar with it. Next I will talk about Science the project I am most proud of this year is is our last project the telescope project which I will be presenting at blue sky. So what we had to do was research a telescope answer questions about it then we are making a slide that describes what  is and how it works. Something I could still work on is handing my science work consistently on time most it is but their are some things that get away from me. Next up is maker for maker a project called DI. It is a project that stands for Destination Imagination it is a worldwide thing were students have a problem or a challenge that you have to solve my challenge or my group challenge was a medical mystery you had to came up with a real illness and have a diagnosis for it. Our disease was called witshullstuch it makes you think your really at funny at bad times and is really not that funny. So for our group I was the guy with the disease I didn’t think I did even though I did.     

So in the first picture we have our final scores we came second in the province the next picture is the notes we got back from the judges the third picture you see is while we were presenting in provincials or both are actually. One thing far maker that I am not so proud of and I can keep working on is my growth mindset because like I  can be sorta negative a lot s if I can have a growth mindset i will be able to be more positive. For PGP something I am proud of is my things at the middle of the year my things were horrible I didn’t really use them at all but now I am starting to use them and now I am more organized and on top of things. Something I am not really proud or somthing I could work on would be time blocking I have really never done that and I feel like it would benefit me more so a way i am going to do that is by trying to some time blocking over this summer so for next year i can do it all year. Next I would like to talk about why I feel I am ready for grade nine I feel like I am ready for grade nine because I have grown as a learner a lot this year I have learned way more this year than I did at all really in elementary school I have grown as a person and became a better me this year. I know stuff I thought I would never know Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day.

• It takes approximately 12 hours for food to entirely digest.
  • A sneeze travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h these are just things I know because I am interested in leaning now in elementary school I didn’t really care about learning or anything but baseball but now I want to learn. Now to end things of I would like to talk about my work ethic and my work habits my work ethic now is I want to do something until I finish it and I will not stop for anything if i am injured fro baseball but I need to finish that game I will I won’t let anyone tell unless i have to. I think part of that goes into school for DI we were running out of days so we had to work on it until it was done non stop until it was done. Now my work habits my work habits are I like to procrastinate but I still get my work done so I am a slower learner I like to think about what I am learning before I go and do it. I am also a hands on leaner I Ike to see in my hands or go out and do it before I do whatever on the iPad or worksheet. Some areas for improvement are definitely staying on task and working on time blocking ways I can improve this are work on it during the summer and when I am doing something this summer stay on task.

Blue Sky blog post

My first blue sky. What we had to do for blue sky this year was really create anything that mattered to you and their was a problem with your product so you made it better. What I made was a lawn mower that picks up baseballs. How I got their thought was a long process, the first thing we did was get a launch journal that helped us a long the way. L stands for look listen and learn the thing I did was do the challenge 1,2,3 to help is generate some ideas. I Then we moved on to ask questions for ask questions we had a need to know page were we could ask questions and get them answered we also had our action plan in their as well which is basically how and when you are going to get things done. Now we are at U understand for understand you did your research on your product and made sure you could do it and got more ideas on how to build it.as you can see I put some Ideas their for how I was going to create it and I interviewed Noah and a coach for my brothers baseball team. Next up is N navigate what I did here was a picture on how my lawn mower was going to work how it is going to work is the balls hit the blades and nock them backwards into my catcher. Then it was time to create for create you had to make what you are going to build. Now here  is a picture on how it works.  their you go the blades know the balls into the back of the back of my mower. know  it  is  the night  of  the  exabition so  we  go  set  up  and  then  our  parents  staarted to  show  up  and  we  shared  to  them  how  we  made  it  to  them  like  I  did  to  you.  

Tempest post

Today I will be talking about my final project in Humanities. So basically what we had to do was answer this driving question “ How can we use Shakespeare’s the tempest and the history of New France to stage dramatic tableaus that help an audience understand the lasting effects of colonization. So the first thing we did was we went right into making little tableaus out of nothing to get a sense of what we were doing. Next we were anthropologist we were understanding the ethics of it by being anthropologist. Here is mine

Then we started learning about the history side of things  we were learning about the first people and why they traded with the new comers and eventually we wrote a paragraph on it

After that we made a skit on what was life like in a colony our skit was about how people wanted to go to New France because they had nothing left they wanted a new life and they thought that if they went their that was going to happen. As we moved more into the history the next thing we learned about was the seven years war for the seven years was we had to answer some questions about the topic so here are mine.

When we were doing all that we were also watching the Tempest and doing active readings which was just pretty much just making sure we were on task and watching the movie. Their were about 5 active readings throughout the play. So now at this point we finished the play and history so we split into 9 groups and each got an act. With that act we had to make a video on our act I had act 4 with Noah and kaiya our video was about 2 characters who tried to kill porspero and then prospero let the dowgs try and kill them. Now we got everything ready and now it was show time we went to the theatre and started practicing. Friday night the big night all of our parents showed up and it was go time the play went really well everyone remembered their lines it looked great.