Renaissance x2

June 10-20 my mom decided we should go to Italy with my grandparents, of course I wanted to so I said yes. But I would also be missing two weeks of school so I had to find out what homework I was missing. So I went and talked to my teachers and found out that we are doing a unit on the Renaissance. It was perfect since the place in Italy we were going to was Florence and it was the heart of the renaissance and where most of the scientists, mathematicians, artists and thinkers were born and raised (which had something to do with the Renaissance project I did for the unit which I’ll talk about in a bit). Overall our trip was fantastic, there was so much good food, we went to a winery which was incredible, tasted wine there and we decided to hike up the Duomo which is the fourth largest church in the world, it was something like 466 dizzying spiral steps to get to the top but the view was insane and from the top you could see all of Florence. 

We also went to countless museums. This is where I got most of the information for my three people who I chose for my project, Galileo, Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo.

For our project we had to create an image to represent something that a Renaissance artist, thinker and mathematician/scientist had in common during that era. First we had to compare all three of these people in a triple Venn diagram to see what they had in common and what not so in common.

The next step was to take all of this information and turn it into our first draft.

The problem with this representation is there’s too many images and too much happening at the same time. The cause of this was I tried to include all of the similarities somehow instead of picking one image that represents all parts of the Renaissance. Which led to my final image.

This shows how during the Renaissance, it went from people doing what they were good at and had university degrees into doing what you wanted even if you weren’t that good at it, not what your parents wanted you to do.

Written by:

Be First to Comment